Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Actually, I think you're remembering the infamous "Fudge Brownie" scene, in which a shirtless Malcolm wearing leather pants posed for a test shoot while Jill and another executive licked their lips and the soundtrack had a woman moaning and whispering "I want my fudge brownie".  And he was hawt.

It's sad that that whole Men's Line modeling mini-arc didn't lead to that, since the chemistry between Walton and Moore was sizzling and their characters had such a great dynamic. All of Genoa City would've heard Jill if she'd gone to bed with Malcolm. But it never would've happened. Those scenes would have to be done right and the show wouldn't go there. They did all they could to keep Malcolm away from the white women for as long as possible. I mean, Neil and Victoria touched hands and received death threats. If they had portrayed the Jill/Malcolm passion like we know it would be, someone might've set the studio on fire! Even 2 or 3 years later, things were better and Phyllis hooked up with Malcolm. Still, a missed opportunity. 

• Members

The irony is, all I knew Y&R for as a kid was Victor, Shemar Moore, Victoria Rowell (bc she was also on Diagnosis Murder) and the theme. I'd wager many of the general public knew about the same, but possibly with Shemar being #1 with a bullet. I knew he came to mind for me before anything other than the music. There was a point when it felt as an outsider at least like he was promoted as heavily as any major star if not moreso by the show and network. So it's beyond me that, clearly knowing what they had and being willing to use it, they still didn't have him fùck any of those white stars. AFAIK the closest any of them came was Phyllis, years later.

• Members

I think i know the scene your talking about, lauren trys to embarrass traci about her weight in front of danny and Amy is in that scene as well.

Aint that something in most of the clips i see of Amy she's usually with Paul or Andy or those 2 brothers she had a traingle with so i guess she came on as those random teen girls who happen to be black just to set the mood which is good I think every race/culture should be explored so we can know about them as well.

• Members

Harping on Shemar Moore’s acting as green is ridiculous, in my opinion. Just what did you want him to do? To show? To be?

As many have said, he’s Hoyas he’ll — total eye candy. He plays cool and smooth, and he’s believable. What more did you want?

i loved those Malcolm. And Neil scenes, but there weren’t enough of those two. The courtroom scenes were deadly and boring. I wish they had cut those and had done 40 minutes of Malcolm and Neil in the beginning.

• Members

I swear in every single classic there's Christine. I know the same could be said for Victor and Jack, but when it comes to Christine it feels so overkill because her presence is somewhat not organic to the rest of the show. The courtroom scenes are so cringy because you can tell the writers want her to say the good thing and be the good guy, but you can't have that 100% if your character is a lawyer. As a result Christine comes across as a very lousy lawyer, at least to me.

• Members

Oy is Nikki's heaven/dream/whatever corny. I cringed throughout the whole thing. And Victor standing there in his leather jacket like the devil. It's well-produced but feels so false.

Joshua Morrow is laughably bad 4 years into the role. Yeesh. 

I liked that they dealt with the legality of Victor marrying someone immediately after a divorce, for some reason I never even considered that when hearing about this story.

• Members

Globals schedule is updated, looks like mondays show is the David Kimble conclusion and the other 2 so far are 2000s episodes one dealing with Isabella I think...doesn’t look like we will get any Sheila

Please register in order to view this content

update: looks like Tuesday is an Isabella one and Wednesday is 10/10/03 dealing with Kevin setting Ginas on fire. 

so they will pick two different shows from the same year for any 2000s episodes but not the same for the 90s....

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

If it is villains week then that is pretty disappointing they are only doing one 1991 episode. I try not to complain as I am grateful for anything at this point but dang I would have loved to see Suzanne Lynch, Eve, Edward or Rick Daros. Grateful to see the David Kimble story more though. But Kevin? They completely whitewashed him and Michael by the 2010s so pointless to show him as a villain. 

• Members

I remember today's episode well. I watched YR around this time. Weird seeing so many characters I had forgotten about. That wig Shemar Moore has on...is a choice. It's the same one he wore for Diary of a Mad Black Woman. They were probably filming these episodes and film around the same time or shortly after. 

• Members

Can I get an entire episode without Murphy coming on to say a lot of the same. I'm not saying it's not important, but can't they show this on their online news channel and then summarize on their 3 hours of news from 4-7pm later in the day. 

• Members

Disappointing... all episodes that were already floating around on YT...

So Monday is 4710 (October 7, 1991).  This is 3 episodes after the Masquerade Ball intro they showed. I just wish they had thought the schedule through a little better. This could have been a full week of episodes and people would enjoy following along with the story. Now people will be confused and disengaged... most people don't follow in as much detail as we do, IMO. 

Recap: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7400942/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Tuesday is 7695 (August 14, 2003)

Isabella with butcher knife. Brittany stripping.

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2003/030811.php#thu

Wednesday is 7734 (October 10, 2003)

The fire at Gina's. I will be happy to see it in HD at least.

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-young-and-restless/ep-7734-284892/

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2003/031006.php#fri

Thursday is 8283 (December 15, 2005)

Sheila and Terrible Tom blowing up the yacht. So we get a Sheila but NOT the era we would want to see.  

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2005/051212.php#thu

Friday's episode number isn't posted.