Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She mentioned Brock Peters and she said in her upcoming podcast she’s going to speak more about the history of soaps. Why would you expect her to spend a limited amount of time focusing on things that she would have little knowledge of? It only makes sense she’d focus primary on her character and what came after since that’s the purpose of the videos, to celebrate Winters Week. 

Also, let’s not act like those actors you mentioned had the type of story the black characters were given in the 90s...

• Members

Wow Crimson Lights was busy back in 2006. New management or bad coffee must have destroyed that place ... recently, when Sharon was calling her doctor for results, she and Rey were the only ones in there at one point and when there were more it was cast not extras.

• Members

Brad and Traci’s wedding. You also have Dina’s return which if I recall correctly was planned by Jack to keep Jill away from John. You also have drunk Nikki. 

I wonder if the theme is weddings? That is literally the only focus of the episode so that has to be the theme. If so, I’m happy they picked a Traci centered episode. It’s hard to believe watching now, but she was a vital character for years and her relationship with Brad was fantastic!

• Members

I notice they're airing David Kimble's death on Monday, when they just aired the masquerade as a classic Friday episode some weeks ago. If they were going to show them both, they could have just dedicated a week to that whole storyline and aired a couple of major episodes - tying them together with some bonus cast intros or pop ups of some sort. 

I actually researched that entire storyline after the masquerade episode and looked up summaries and YouTube clips. I watched the trash compactor scene after reading about it in the summary, just because I was a bit shocked when I read it. Didn't find too many episodes aside from a clip with the missing scenes from the edited masquerade episode and smaller clips from the era. 

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

I said the same thing about the ball episodes. A lot of people on social media were wondering what happened after Danny was shot. Now a month later we get the episode three days later? People will be confused. It's stupid.

I'm guessing that the next week after villains is an Abbot week although it would be a shame if they start in 1991 instead of the 80s. I mean they already showed aTerry Lester episode so what is the big deal? 

• Members

I can think of a whole slew of early episodes that are far more entertaining than what they've been giving us so far, with a few exceptions.  Just give me access to the archives, CBS, and I'll start throwing them together...  "'70s flashback", "Best of the '80s", "Climatic endings", "Paul's early days", "Nikki's early days", "Lost loves", etc.  So I may have to edit for time, but it can be done.  

Please register in order to view this content