Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This reminded me of this video. Not that it's anything to go by, but literally nobody was a fan of the character of Cricket.

She was asked:
- about her father and if she could influence the writing.

- about Michael Damien

- if Cricket would ever become nastier.

Hardly a fan favorite, especially opposite DD and JW who were receiving more insightful questions, I'd say.

I liked Isabella! Until they ruined the story with Cricket's black wig, Isabella's fake death and her threatening Cricket's life. Sorry, that was too much. (and it had Jack Smith's stamp all over it)

• Members

It's so weird though, isn't it? Sonny, Carly, et. al have ruined GH but you'll still find people who are ride or die for them yet Christine fans are still in the closet. I was pretty indifferent to Chris when I started watching, she didn't bother me or impress me and Lauralee seems like a lovely woman who didn't let being the boss' daughter go to her head.

Maybe a lot of the audience were like me and fairly indifferent to the character and watching for the goings on, not necessarily what was going on with Cricket in a "What is Christine up to?" and more "What could possibly happen to Christine now?"

• Members

I agree. I think the audience was indifferent to Cricket. As for LLB, I too think she must be an extremely lovely woman, she's a competent actress and I'd be curious to see her work as a writer. I'd be lying if I said that the exposure to Cricket we've experienced in the classics hadn't felt like overkill...

• Members

I clicked by today because I’ve watched some of the classic episodes but this must have been when I really stopped watching.  I watched for about 3 minutes and didn’t know a ainglw character 

• Members

Today's US episode is pretty decent for showing rarely seen parts of the expanded Newman Ranch set (the old one) hosting a gala, and then Kevin as he's about to light Gina's on fire, which used to be Jonas' and Pierre's prior to that, dating back to the start of Y&R.

• Members

That's a good one. According to the recap, it's all Abbot with no other scenes: https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2006/060821.php#thu

Now I wonder what the last episode will be... worried it might be Patty shooting Jack or something. I don't think Colleen is remembered enough on the show for them to do something with her death. Maybe Delia's death, but thats more a Billy Miller showcase than the Abbot family.