Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I loved this period of Y&R, and this is actually one of my favourite episodes. It has everything in it. Nikki and Sharon were campy fun. I’d even take back this time of Y&R compared to today.

Oh and Anita Hodges is on this one! That character such wasted potential and the actress was great.

Soon Heather Tom will be gone

Please register in order to view this content

And Gina’s too. I loved this period of Y&R, felt prime time 

Greg Rikaart was awesome here but he should’ve never stayed on Y&R that long. Dying him to Michael was a brilliant move though. And in the start and with JVK Gloria it wasn’t all that bad.

Edited by StepBack

• Members

I’ve said (seemingly ad infinitum) that for me, 2003 was the last really good year the show had before John Smith (who was made Executive Producer after the exit of David Shaughnessy, who in turn had followed Ed Scott) really started to put his stamp on the show, as EP and I think Head Writer) and things started to miss with more frequency rather than land with more consistency.

*The above subject to factual verification.

• Members

Some of it was exhaustion the rest of it was Jack Smith making power plays. 

100% agreed, and I remember that November & December were such explosive months that the show started off 2004 on such a high point. 

Funny today’s episode also contained Cody Dixon, a character I almost even forgot existed. Funny that Brody Hutzler has screen time eating roles at GL and Days yet here aside from a minor crush on Sharon(or was it Tricia?) he did nothing but be the Crimson Lights barista for years. Didn’t he have a relative named Trevor who worked for the Newmans as well? 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

aw, I thought they were actually going to show Kevin burning down Gina's. This episode was great, but wanted to see the fire in HD.

This was such an oddly transitional time on the show. They had every woman interested in Damon to try and find one that would stick. I had completely blocked out that Lauren was with Raul.... WTF. 

To be honest, Neil flat out giving it to Lily for her stupidity was the best part. This story was so timely. They don't do stories like this anymore.

• Members

Yeah, I just finished the episode and was totally expecting the fire. A little disappointed. 

Those production values for the gala were AMAZING and it was just simply using the Newman ranch. Was most of the cast still islanded at this time? I loved all the small beats and you could tell who did and did not get along. I wish we got to see more of Diane/Phyllis/Dru going at it. They seemed to write Raul so angrily (but I see why he was upset) and I agree the Neil/Lily scenes just came off real, they barely do any natural family drama anymore on the remaining shows. GH tried a little but no matter wjat any of them do it comes off flat. 

• Members

I loved this episode, from the enormous and beautiful sets to the wardrobe to the mix of many chars and stories and even to all the extras. It all looked special, and expensive.

Just top notch production and acting from start to finish. One of my favorite classic episodes thus far.

• Members

I enjoyed both 2002 and 2003 episodes. The show was declining but still very much watchable.

It was a mistake to write Isabella in a corner. She could have stayed much longer and kept Paul's character interesting. With a solid recast of course because Eva Longoria wouldn't have stayed long.

I liked the interactions in the 2003 episode. I wish they had worked more on Lauren as a cougar with Raul. He was so hoooot. I was crazy about him as a teenager ahah. Just wished they had the party at the Colonnade like in good old days. I love the ranch but the set was tiny for a big party like this.

• Members

Friday June 5 - #11842

December 27, 2019

Abby, Kyle, and Lola host Christmas Eve dinner for the Abbotts at Society, and Jack invites the Baldwins (including Fen who arrived as as surprise) to join them. Afterwards, Jack, Ashley, and Traci, and Abby have a special evening with Dina at the Abbott home.

CBS all access has this Dec 27 episode listed where it should be in regular date order for the current season 47, labeled as "Classic Episode: 12/27/2019, S47 E79". The fact that they've labeled it Classic must mean that's the one.

I have a photo labeled "JPI Episode11838" that goes to the Dec 23 episode; so that verifies that 11842 is Dec 27.

Edited by janea4old