Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

https://www.cbs.com/recommended/news/1009841/familial-feuds-and-bitter-business-battles-take-over-theme-weeks-on-cbs-daytime-dramas/

Wow that CBS press release has Tracy/Brad wedding January 11, 1991.  That's way off,  We know it's Nov 7, 1991.

Any recent date errors they made in their classics/repeats press releases over past two months - were because they used a taping date instead of the airdate, or they were simply off by a day or two. How did they manage to be off by 10 months for this one?

• Members

I guess they open with Dina on Monday and they wanted to have some closure for both parents with John's funeral and what may be Dina's last Christmas. It's still a puzzling choice. If they had to show something recent, which is not my preference, at least they could have chosen the 2017 episodes where Dina admits Brent Davis is Ashley's father. At least that's a reference to real Y&R history, unlike the fake history they created around Theo. 

I do worry we won't see Marla Adams again. She's 81 so probably isn't coming back to the set anytime soon. We just might get a mention that she passed offscreen. It would be better if they just said she went back into care but they are going to be hurting for storylines when they came back because absolutely nothing was going on except the silly Adam/Victor murder thing, and this would be an easy story to get people reeled in emotionally. 

I also have to laugh about how the episode centers around Kyle and Lola, who six months later are divorced anyway.

It doesn't even make sense financially, if someone wanted to see this episode for some reason they could just pay for CBS All Access.

• Members

I think there was a scene in the Abbott living room where Gloria and Jack had a huge fight, I think it was actually before John dying (he was already hospitalized though). The scene was so intense it had me tear up a bit. I used to have it back then, then I lost all my DVDs and I never managed to find the scene again on Youtube. Does it ring familiar to anyone?

Come to think of it, I'd love to see all those episodes again. It all began with John not being able to see from one eye. It was an eerie premise, I thought.

Edited by Aback

• Members

I'm in the distinct minority in that I never really liked John (I had quit watching by the time they killed him off). Most of my fondness for the Abbots was Traci, Mamie, Brenda's Ashley, and Peter's Jack (at the time I hadn't heard all the unpleasant stories on here about him and his acting had not become so grotesquely and bizarrely mannered).

Edited by DRW50