Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Her second run on B&B started out promisingly. There were some great scenes of her lurking outside the Forrester mansion remembering what they had all done to her, a nasty murder-by-bees, the scene where she shoots Taylor was awesome.

It later led to a goofy and forgettable arc involving a tropical country and a character played by Robin Mattson called Sugar.

• Members

I never fully bought Sheila's motivations behind returning to Genoa City in her 2005 return. For years we have seen her on B&B shift her focus on her rivalry with Lauren/Scotty and Scott to focusing on her life with James, Mary/Erica, and of course, Eric. Then all of a sudden she's obsessed with Scotty and making Lauren miserable again????

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Members

At least they started it off with the shock and brought back James although the whole story was utterly pointless-Sheila’s portrait, threatening Charlie, all the characters kept going to the same restaurant where she worked etc 

I’m not sure why the 2005 story went off the rails, probably because they didn’t want to fully address the whole B&B story aside from Michael calling Eric for information and using the Sugar tomfoolery. Not to mention they completely devolved Sheila———Sheila talking to herself in the mirror? Sheila was crazy but not batshit crazy. Sheila lecturing Terrible Tom on how smoking a doobie is morally wrong? GMAFB! 

• Members

How did that end up? Is Sheila still alive? I remember watching the first few weeks of her return but they were trying so hard to make it work (and it could never work, not with Eric, he'd be an utter moron for take her back into his life) that I got frustrated and bored.

• Members

It was an odd time for Y&R, mainly because the EP and Co-HW at the time had became dictatorial but was also emotionally unmoored due to crises in his own personal life that some pretty reckless story decisions were made. There wasn’t much else going outside of Terrible Tom and Sheila running the show except for the Phick affair, a very critically panned JT & Mac relationship, and Bobby Marsino being killed off and Brittany leaving town. 

Haha after Eric & Quinn concocted a trap she fell right into she became a busybody waitressing at a restaurant, eavesdropping on everyone and passing along secrets until she stopped appearing shortly

after Bill was shot due to Brown’s run for political office. As far as we know she’s still there.

• Members

For those with Instagram, Victoria Rowell is going live for Winter's Week Thursday and Friday. Thursdays video is posted to her page now. She said she may have special guests joining her tomorrow. It was information, fun and very positive if anybody wants to check it out. 

One thing I loved is that she said Jess Walton is one of the greatest actors she's ever seen and she wished Mamie and John got together lol. She spoke of how Bill Bell hired her the same day and said the audience had been requesting black actors. She asked for a family which led to Olivia, Lillie Belle and Walter. Then once he felt the time was right they added Kristoff, Malcolm and the kids. She also talks of how she'd go to the Bell's home where they got to know each other better which led to things like the Devon foster care story and I'm sure all the other unique aspects we got with Dru and the Winters family. 

I must say Bill Bell is a genius, we know that, but I really appreciate the care he gave this story. All the soaps have attempted black stories, but the nuance and realism he brought to them while still keeping it soapy was special and I'm sure a large part of why they lasted so long. 

Edited by Chris B