Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

You know, I’m one of those people. And what I will admit is that from most angles, she absolutely looks like herself still.  “Refreshed” sometimes, but still herself.  It’s just when they shoot her from one angle that I had a hard time recognizing her for a bit not that ago.  Then the camera angle changed and she started speaking.

Part of the problem when I watch the shows now so sporadically.  The gradual changes are lost on me because I go months and sometimes years between seeing an entire episode.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

One critical aspect I do enjoy is in spite of the initial backlash to Jill gaining an important Jabot leadership position was the fact Jill flourished in morning the position as opposed to falling flat on her face to the surprise of the Abbotts. AND I almost suspect a lot of Jill’s ambition was NOT to be like Katherine Chancellor. 

• Members

That may have been a factor but Jill has always had ambition.  This was a woman who put her brother through medical school as well as helped her mother earn the family's daily bread. Having helped her brothers achieve their goals, it makes sense that she'd always wanted better for herself too. 

• Members

Jill and Malcom would have been amazing. I enjoyed the flirtatious little friendship they had. In my view, Malcolm and Jill respected each other's hustle and both had a twinkle in their eyes. 

Jill's hair toss in that opening is iconic. You're far from the only one who loves it - me too. 

Kay's necklace was such a great idea and it differentiated Jeanne from the rest of the cast in a subtle, but striking, way.

Kay and Mac and Jill in this era were fire. I've dove into a bunch of Billy/Mac 1999/2000 storyline clips and it's amazing to rewatch them because the storyline is so good from all the actors involved. Jess Walton flourished with David Tom and Jeanne Cooper had incredible chemistry with Ashley Bashioum. 

I liked that Jill got a break when she succeeded at Jabot. It was sort of against the grain where she *would* have failed at another soap...but Bill Bell let his characters have wins and losses.

• Members

Here’s an interview where they discuss their time on the show and working with Victoria, Shemar and Kristoff. Christel’s favorite episodes were Dru and Neil’s Japan wedding and when Daniel and Lily were on the run. I found it hilarious that she never mentioned Cane lol. She even had lots of praise for VR which surprised me considering they did have issues, but DG? Nope lol. 

• Members

Thanks for sharing that. Bryton clearly has a lot of affection and respect for Victoria. When he mentioned the "flavor" the Winters brought to the show he was definitely talking mostly about Dru, no question. The poor family has suffered with her absence. Like you said Christel was very complimentary toward her too, she talked about her professionalism and how much VR, Kristoff and Shemar taught her by example.

The first 25 minutes are great, the last 4 are about Bryton and his dumb app with DG.

• Members

It would never happen but I would love a Y&R reboot when they return with VR back as Drucilla and Lily back and let's pretend Cane and the twins never happened. I would love to see MM and VR acting opposite each other. 

It is shocking how stagnant all the soaps currently are for me. No atmosphere. No mood. No high stakes. No nothing. 

• Members

I've been imagining a return story for Dru and it involves making the twins grade school age. Lily can't be walking around looking 22 with kids in college. It's just stupid. Besides that they did nothing interesting with them as teenagers so it's very easy to ignore.

• Members

The past few years I have been impressed by CK’s maturity TBH while the show kept writing lousy things for Lily. I think that whole incident revolving around CK showing up for a an audition for her own role killed any ego she has had.