Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As lackluster and overused as this is, I find that after watching the "classic" from 2014, RC Cates' compositions have improved melodically in recent years as opposed to the JFP trashcan of cues they started using in 2013. Still lacks the punch of the Allocco-Kurtz-Davidson cues from 1984-2002.

On the note of Alloco-Kurtz cues, I really didn't care for the compositions from the MAB era. They made scenes sound super campy and this one in particular below at the end of the scene is one I could never stand.

• Members

Constant writer turnover can really destroy the foundations of a soap. Bad enough to have one horrid writer dismantle all that had preceded. Of course, it’s good that some things are forgotten, a la Eddie Winslow Winters.

• Members

Wonder how he felt about the scene of John punching the living daylights out of Victor?

TLW quoted MAB: 

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2010/04/15/tonya-lee-williams-maria-wants-to-get-the-black-storyline-up-pumping-again

http://dose.ca/2010/04/10/tonya-lee-williams-discusses-her-return-young-and-restless-and-celebrates-10th-annual-reelworld/

What a mess. Right after that Tyra debacle too. They even brought on Nate to do nothing at all, while Devon dated Tatyana Ali for six years and she only appeared like five episodes a year. 

• Members

I'm basically over blaming Braeden for all of the problems the show has had with how Victor is written, but sometimes I do wonder (and this is going to sound terrible and I apologize in advance) when the time comes and Braeden is gone, how many actors are gonna come forward and admit things constantly had to be changed in the script because he didn't want Victor to lose, in any way.....including allowing other characters to physically attack him more then they did...

I'm at least thankful Bill Bell got the final say in this scene with Cole!