Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Jack is such a punk, I was team Victor all the way back then. He should have built his own business instead of losing his father's and trying to steal Victor's! So great how he went from practically rolling his eyes at the beginning of the episode to nearly $%&!ing his pants by the end. 

I love the throwaway line where Jill says "maybe I'll invite my son Billy for the summer..." knowing what's to come. It's so rich.

I agree that LLB was really good in those scenes, as was DD... the tension when Christine comes home and wants to be alone and Mary is there, and then she finally gets to tell Paul. Makes me mad thinking again how 20 years later Nikki runs her over and kills her baby and makes her infertile but the Newmans act like Christine is an awful person for thinking she should face consequences for that. And poor Mary, being so Catholic and having all those kids but never really getting a grandchild to raise except for tween Heather that one summer and Heather didn't even know who she really was.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He never did unfortunately. It was lazy on the show’s part to have him and Olivia pair up as oppose to have Malcolm lead his own storylines. I think Michelle Thomas’s death changed the Callie story significantly. I know the show had tried to get the Winters brothers out of the rut and backfire but by the time the triangle with Alex came around is was indeed enough was enough. 

• Members

They're finally doing what they should, which is trim down scenes to save time but not removing completely. Christine's baby fantasy was taken out, Mac entering the Chancellor estate and talking with Esther for nearly a minute before seeing Katherine. Of course, it's easier when the episodes run 39-40 mins instead of 43 but that's how you do it!

• Members

Yes, Jack in business mode was a punk, but I loved every moment. Business stuff is when Bergman excelled the most (versus the love stuff). It's also when he resembled TL Jack the most.

Foreshadowing! It helps when the show knows where it's going and doesn't make sh!t up as it goes along.

Yes, she vowed to crush them in her own mini-me way (which was lovely) and there was that fun stuff with making it seem like she fired Ryan so he could spy on Jack and Brad and trying to seduce Brad. but indirectly. 

• Members

Thanks! That was my favorite era of the show 

Please register in order to view this content

I know you might have responded to this a million times but let me ask you again: is there a way to see the whole list of unlisted episodes you have posted on YT? 

• Members

I want to complain about Y&R's current music cues some more.

This isn't a horrible scene, it's not good but it's not horrible, however listen to that music. It's like a damn lullaby playing under an intense scene. And that end EVERY scene with that same music. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Same concept (with better acting and direction):

Listen to that score! So tense and foreboding and then it crescendos in perfect synch with the action in the scene. It's marvelous. Besides that the slap was about 13 years in the making, so even if the music wasn't so amazing it still would've been impactful.

Anyway, here's some trivia. Of the 5 episodes airing next week in celebration of the Winters family, 3 of them aired on a Wednesday...

Edited by Darn