Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not the episodes I would’ve asked for, but I’ll watch them lol. I just hope they don’t go too far past 2005. Personally I would’ve skipped one of those episodes and maybe done a 2006 episode with the Carmen saga. Perhaps when Dru went to that party drunk and Neil had to drag her out. 

• Members

Even B&B has been feeling the effects of budget crunches lately, and has definitely started to deteriorate IMO (on the production end, writing has been TRASH for the longest). 

These soaps will never look presentable again under any conditions sadly. If the networks/production companies won't invest in them, neither will the folks doing the actual work. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Bold is so cheap lately it looks like it's a web series. It's disgusting. How did they let it get so cheap. Watching 1987 it's like watching expensive suite in russian hotel to now 2020... cheap las vegas motel.

• Members

I wasn't watching Y&R in 2012 so its nice to see a "classic" I have never seen before. However, seeing Victor and Sharon together makes me vomit. Could there have ever been a more pairing that should have never been? Makes me cringe even more than Victor and Ashley

The Sharon/Nikki fight was funny but it was very fake looking. They could have done a better job to make it look real. Nikki was hardly fighting back and Sharon's slaps you could tell she wasn't actually hitting Nikki

Edited by Michele Soap Writer

• Members

I remember these. I was watching YR at the time. I also remember today's episode, I may have been watching BB a bit at the time and decided to see what was happening on YR.

The fight was horrible. If you're going to have a fight in 2012 it needs to be more animated. Sharon looked like she wasn't reacting half the time and Nikki was so delicate with those blows it didn't translate well on screen. Sharon could have been laughing and telling Nikki her granny claws feel like a infant's touch with her debilitating arthritis. But seriously, there was nothing cute about that fight.

Dead! But so accurate. At least BB can still afford a crappy green screen with images of Vegas. DAYS is having extras (probably an assistant's daughter working for food) running around in a beret so we believe they're in Paris somewhere.

• Members

That’s not what I said, and you know it. The episodes from the first couple years don’t represent what the show became or is known for. The show’s history is not there — not in production or acting. 

I watched those eps out of curiosity, believing they’d be interesting, and good. I was bored. I think you have to go to the late ‘70s  to see the good stuff.

But thanks for the snark.