Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Oh I'd absolutely show Neil and Dru's Japanese wedding. That wasn't boring IMO. I hope the overall choices are strong. I can't wait to see what they'll air for that. 

It's a shame they can't do a week for Olivia because I'd love to see the episode where she confronts Keesha again. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That’s more a B&B problem. Y&R can do a wedding that’s interesting, but I watched B&B’s wedding week and it’s the typical boring ass wedding you expect. Ridge and Brooke’s first wedding spent a segment just of characters taking photos. I couldn’t believe how drama free it was lol. 

• Members

Well well well looks like CBS has ended paying Victoria Rowell after all. 

I kid. But I can't wait! I never got to see Neil/Dru/Malcolm/Olivia in their heyday. I agree with @Chris B, their Japanese wedding would be fantastic to see.

• Members

I agree. These two are what got me into Y&R. Katherine/Jill were always a stable of Y&R for me.

I agree, the choices could be more cohesive

Precisely. Alex Donnelly was sublime in the role. I also thought Maura West was horrible as Diane. She's a good actress, but she was not even close to being Diane. That was more of a Y&R castings mistake 

• Members

This is the most of Y&R's past I've ever seen in a regular sustained experience. What a gift.

I hope the networks rethink their libraries over the course of what is set to be a very long year.

• Members

Maura was just wrooooong. Great actress but a dreadful miscast.

For some reason, Nikki’s line “...And doing things you weren’t supposed to do!” always makes me laugh. Seems like MTS flubbed her line but they let it slide because the scene was otherwise so amazing. Diane banging Nikki’s head into the table is just a level of camp that only a show as well-executed as Y&R could have pulled off. 

Michelle and Alex would been gold together. (I heard they only shared one scene during their overlap?) They would have tried to one-up each other, which would have been fun to watch. Certainly, Alex was great with Melody.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I'm so glad I didn't start Y&R with three grown women fighting over a man's sperm. Icky.

Maura's casting was so boneheaded. They wanted her to be a "name" character but didn't want to put in the work so just threw Diane at her. She was 15 years too young and doesn't have the icy cool of Alex Donnelly, Maura is a vamp. That's what she plays and what she's good at. Diane wasn't that. Dumb dumb casting.