Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don’t know what to think of Maura West sometimes. I feel like she’s been giving that same damn performance for years, regardless of the role.

I’ve largely found her to be a steaming hot mess on GH for most of her run, but that’s probably an unpopular opinion.

• Members

Was this the pinnacle of the background music? It was so atmospheric that even a small scene like Brad walking into Lauren's office had me on the edge of my seat. I wish this episode had been a three parter during the week with Victor's return at whatever party he threw, then this episode and then Jack vs. Victor. 

I don't know much about Brad....is Brad similiar to Bill from B&B at all?

• Members

The last couple of years of ATWT did her no favors, with Carly faking illnesses, running around with Wally Kurth’s bizarre character, affair with Holden and then becoming a raging alcoholic then she was so miscast on Y&R. Always loved Maura but boy she had it a rough time of it. 

• Members

I've always thought she wasn't much more than a bunch of tics and affectations. And her face on GH is always so shiny, like she just went for a jog. Seems like a lovely woman though.

Brad was a playboy (he's slept with Nikki, Victoria, Traci, Ashley, Lauren, Jill and...I'm sure countless others) but basically a good person. Not at all like Bill.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Thanks! I can't stand Bill which the writing does him no favors. A waste to kill of Brad and then create DD a crap role but he seems to enjoy Bill. 

I see the method of introducing a c story halfway through the episode with Olivia and Ashley...kept the tension going for me as they built up to Victor and Jack coming face to face. Were Ashley and I think this is Blade popular? Did Olivia's mother coming to live with her lead Nathan to have the affair? If so, brilliant planning there. 

Also forgot to mention it was nice seeing Lauren in business mode. I have watched since 2006-ish and NEVER realized she was actually running anything outside a small boutique. 

The cliffhanger was phenomenal. Y&R literally milks every moment. I would love to see the next episode in good quality. 

It is kind of sad that around 2014 I totally lost interest in the entire Newman family, Jack, Neil, Cane, Lily,  etc. and would have been happy with a total reboot because seeing this classics..boy this show lost its way. I actually enjoyed the Rosales and Ana Hamilton arriving a year or so ago for this reason but then the show had changed the production and it still just did not feel right to me. 

Edited by soapfave06

• Members

Maura is most definitely playing Carly in the clip above (wtf at him throwing her out of the ambulance), and it illustrates precisely the problem with Carly Tenney Snyder. She was bitter and angry for a solid 5 (maybe 10?) years. Half of her lines were said through gritted teeth and the other half were yelled from one end of Oakdale to the other. At one point, there was a compilation video of her angrily uttering Jack's name, weirdly referred to as "Carly's KKK."

• Members

I think Maura does grand work often with dogshit as evil queen Ava on GH, but @DRW50's referring to her as "Fire Marshall Bill" from In Living Color has never left my mind. When Ava gets going, everything is a deranged rictus of some insane emotion. It's camp but it mostly works.

• Members

I was worried that the 1981 episode would do badly and it would scare them away from airing such old episodes, but it tied GH for #1 and had 2.2 million viewers! Hopefully they take some of the half hour episodes and show them.