Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Of course, you can acknowledge your own personal disinterest in watching the show's early days, and that opinion is perfectly valid, but trust me, you do not speak for everyone else. Y&R revolutionized daytime TV when it premiered, and millions of viewers grew to love and admire its wonderful first decade. I, for one, would kill to see every single episode again, starting from the show's debut.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's pretty sad.  Even in the 1981 episode description on CBS streaming, it only mentioned Victor & Nikki, not even bothering to say that Lorie, Lance, Vanessa, and April & Barbara's family were even in the episode.

• Members

Yes i found that odd why they never mentioned the other characters involved, lol it's not a big deal to mention the content better like who cares if new viewers don't know those characters but they can also get to know them something about them and judging from what i saw they were more interesting then half of the characters we have now. Tell me what excitement is coming from lola,abby, Billy, tessa,mariah,Devon,Alana, kyle summer even jack and rey or nick i could keep going but these new era story's aren't doing it at all

I agree with 100% it does seem like the first decade is well forgotten and i understand time has gone by and they gotta create new memories but the ones right now is a memory I'd love to just forget because the show is boring even though ill tune in. Any material from other years we get we should be thankful also they could do it in better order but im still engaged.

• Members

@Soapsuds The frat party started about 8 months after this episode 

Please register in order to view this content

I thought today's was going to be the episode where Victor reveals that he's alive to the group at the Colonnade Room, instead it's the episode where he reunites with Victoria and Nicholas then reveal he's alive to Jack.

• Members

Maybe Douglas was referring to Jack learning about Victor being alive. 

Once again, poor editing and the episode doesn't flow well.

I'll be skipping tomorrow but Thursday is "I WILL CRUSH YOU!"

Edited by kalbir

• Members

It’s amazing that even in 1993 Y&R kept using their classic 70’s scores occasionally! 

Lauren saying Victor being back from the dead was “absurd”. Given that Lauren was still reeling from the Sheila puzzle piece situation at the time should she have been that shocked LOL? 

It’s amazing to compare early 90s Y&R to to early 90s ATWT I’ve been rewatching as well, the two shows are are worlds apart!

• Members

Haha at Jack channeling Mrs. Chancellor with his “Dear God in heaven!”

As much as I love these classics (and want them to continue forever if possible), I totally understand why viewers at least want the *option* of seeing what happens next.

I loved that gothic “moan” that played under the initial Lauren/Brad scene. 

At least Cuomo waited until Y&R was over today.

• Members

I have to agree with whoever mentioned it last time... no to the weddings. Unless something shocking happens or it's extravagant and over the top visually, it's quite slow for a standalone episode. You need to be invested in the characters love story and their shared experience to really get the most out of it...otherwise it's just a bunch of slow dragging scenes that mean nothing because you don't have the context.