Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Many thanks for guiding me in the direction of those episodes, YRfan23, especially the Kansas ones.  Never thought I'd see them again.  Thanks also for the kind words on the review.  Glad I could help.  I was told by someone that TPTB cleaned house of those old music cues years ago, and they were bought by an interested party, who remains a mystery.  I just wish I could figure out what the name of the old western movie is, where SOME old the old cues came from...  Oh, well.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Certainly not unpopular here. But I would say EB and MTS were both better and more consistent in the ‘80s and early ‘90s, like Y&R itself. Never rated JM highly, even when he had good direction, although he’s had enough strong moments to make me think he’s capable of more if he actually cared.

But even Heather Tom has gotten lazy and predictable over at B&B, so who knows how she’d be if she stayed and had to deal with this level of production. She’s certainly not thriving under Bradley’s pen.

• Members

It took what, 2-3 years for that video Ashley shot for it finally to be exposed completely? 

The whole Sharon/Diego/Victoria stuff with Nick & Grace shacking up provided some great fodder at the time for the Newmans.

Surprised they cut out the Raul and Mac scenes when they were present when they had reaired this back on Thanksgiving 2012. 

• Members

I didn't bother to watch today as I remember the original airing and this episode was also rebroadcast before. Looking forward to the 1990s episodes next week.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I agree. I adored EB during the whole Kansas arc. It took him out of his element, and it made him reach to different depths as an actor. JM, well, he's awesome with kids. There's that. He was pretty good when Nick lost his memory. 

I don't watch B&B, so I'm sorry to hear that. 

For AH, I just don't think she's Victoria. I realize she's been in the role longer than HT now, but this isn't how the character should've evolved. For what it's worth, I did like her on Loving.

• Members

Yes, AH was fabulous on Loving. But she was so anemic on AMC and just got more lackluster on Y&R. I know a lot of us watch AH play scenes as Victoria and wonder how HT would play it. I do it all the time. But then I remember how the show was changing Victoria even before she left and how HT is currently playing Katie on B&B. She would have more energy and fire than AH, no doubt, but I think we’d still be disappointed at the portrayal.