Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Oh wow, they are the same age? She just feels older in some way. Not that she has aged skin, but yet she just looks and feels older

I feel like for the most part this week they picked TERRIBLE Victor and Nikki episodes. Not any of their weddings? Hell they can do an entire week of each Victor/Nikki wedding. surely they have married each other at least 5 times?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Honestly weddings are boring. Unless someone gets shot at one, I would rather they not. 

But I agree the Nikki and Victor episodes have largely sucked (still better than anything B&B has done)

Edited by Vizion

• Members

Victor & Nikki's 2002 wedding will be on Friday. I agree the weddings are typically boring (the 1984 episode was entertaining though because of Eve). B&B is less than 20 minutes, and the vows take nearly half that, and they all sound the same. Zzz. At least on Y&R we will get some b-storyline too (Ashley making the video and some Raul/Mac/Brittany).

• Members

You're crazy lol Sandra Nelson was awesome as Phyllis

100%. Alex Donnelly is sublime. Susan Walters was watered down to compliment Michelle Stafford. Alex would've mopped the floor with Michelle lol

• Members

The 1990 and 1998 episodes are just perfection to me. This is MY Y&R. I really would love to know what was cut, because everything that was left in was so damn good. Skimming the recap from 1998 and I don't see anything important missing.

I love how they balance humor and drama, how they plant the seeds of one storyline while another comes to a head.

1990: You had the wonderful comedy of Nikki stripping and Victor's reaction, but then at the end it gets really sad That look that Victor gave when he said "you forgot these" and then held on to Nikki's hand a little too long. That was tender and disrespectful at the same time, with Jack looking on. It starts to sink in that her problem is serious. Then you have the drama with Drucilla. VR was fantastic as she realized she couldn't talk her way out of this, and then you had Mamie doing everything to keep her composure in front of John, wanting to bail Drucilla out and give her a hug but also wanting Dru to learn her lesson. And then Nathan talking to Olivia about it, not knowing that scared kid is Liv's sister. I assume the episode where Nathan learns Dru can't read is coming up soon. The Scott/Lauren thing was the least interesting but you have that little spark where Sheila shows her colors after Scott leaves. Did anyone else notice a huge line of spit after Lauren and Scott kissed, LMAO.

1998: So on point. Jill and Kay... as stupid as it is in concept that Jill would live there, the scenes just worked. Hilarious. Foreshadowing Jill finding the papers in the attic. Diane's insecurity about the battle yet to come, the foreboding music when Victor is supposed to be comforting her. Victor and Nikki in the hospital was really sweet. You rarely see that side of Victor. I loved the scene with Michael applying for the job: the lady's reaction when he said he was in jail, and how he gave his explanation almost without taking a breath, so that she couldn't say no until he got it all out, and by the end she was impressed. He had to humble himself, but later we see him blow up at Phyllis, good range. Phyllis is insane, how is she going to go to Christine and bitch about her not supporting the man who broke into her home and tried to rape her, while Phyllis hates and tried to mow down Christine for basically no reason but her being annoying lol. I'm amazed how 22 years later I'm right back there feeling so indignant and pissed lol. Even the Nick and Grace scenes were pretty good with Nick whining about Cassie, hah. This is the day after Nick finds out the truth, so that's another big story just hitting a climax. So much going on.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I feel like I need to give Joshua Landers a special shoutout in this storyline. He was Nikki's husband who was shot and killed the same night Nikki got shot and she seemed to have forgotten him at the drop of a hat as soon as she married Victor in the hospital. I don't even think they showed a scene of Nikki grieving Joshua beyond her finding out he died while she was in the hospital bed in critical condition. 

Also, loved Sandra Nelson as Phyllis! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I just want to say I am so happy right now to see old school AD Diane Jenkins.

And continuing to love MTS's acting...cuz she is still one of the few that would do those hospital scenes no makeup.

Well, as Veronica would say 'that b Nikki!' lol. 

But true.

• Members

Lmao I wasn't trying to hate. I just turned on my ability to see signatures (after years) and it was like woah. You do you!

Thanks! Sounds like good ol Victor. This prompted me to look up that period. I'd forgotten that Patty killed Zapato, I loved that dog. And apparently Victor got another lab and gave it to Nick? I'm guessing we haven't seen him since.

• Members

HAHAHAHAHAHA at Jill knowing Esther is eavesdropping and telling her to get her bags.

I love this knowing where this is heading (attic fight)

And I still have the same feelings about Nick/Grace as I did as a kid (funny given I had no relationship drama to know that cheating is wrong back then)...HAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE.

@Darn Not you as a hater. I was meaning other folk.

Please register in order to view this content