Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That pretty much covers it. For whatever reason Y&R isn't exactly known for discovering breakout talent and launching primetime/film careers.

Worst recast ever. The nepotism made awful even worse.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

This is honestly a weird view because of the extenuating circumstances. I have found the ratings for all the soaps during this pandemic pretty awful. People are FORCED to stay home. Nobody is working, stay at home orders are in place in almost every state but a few - and even when soaps were showing new episodes ratings were down from the previous year. 

Meanwhile, cheaper to produce talk shows are able to provide new content during the entire pandemic and a lot of them are seeing better ratings than they have in years. 

I get being optimistic, but when people actually go back to work and things are back to normal, what is the expectation for soap viewership? People were shut in and forced to stay home and still not watching soaps in signigicantly large or increased numbers. 

• Members

Alex was so regal as Diane; Sandra was great as Phyllis, she’s the same age as Stafford so I don’t find her old and she brought her own fierceness to the role. Her and Michael were so much fun together. 

Jill and Katherine are definitely tHe highlight of the episode loved how their feud was heating back up again at this time. 

• Members

Agree. Also Sandra Nelson never felt like a clown to me the way Stafford often does. Some of her and Michael's antics were OTT but she never felt like a straight up joke. 

Alex was the only Diane IMO.  

• Members

It's so great seeing Alex as Diane. Recasting her and then killing off the character was such a mistake. She could have been rested and then brought back in when useful for story.

Jill and Katherine are always the highlight. Their scenes are so easy to get sucked into.

• Members

Victor was so sweet to Nikki when he put makeup on her. EB was so handsome here 

Please register in order to view this content

The Katherine/Jill feud was reigniting and the attic fight was not long after this. Can't wait for that episode next week.

At least the editing for this episode was better than the previous two. 

• Members

Todays 1998 episode was perhaps the best one this week! As much as I like 90s early 00s Michelle Stafford, I'm prepared to say Sandra Nelson is my favorite. I saw shades of her in Gina T.'s portrayal.

When they exhaust the theme weeks, a cool concept might be to do storyline weeks. Example, one week of the most critical episodes from the Nina/David Kimball saga.

I'm impressed that y&r actually is airing all episodes unlike B&B where we can barely get something pre 2015. 

Edited by ironlion