Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They went back to showing episodes I don't really care about seeing again, but I hope some of the newer fans will be able to enjoy the Katherine and Jill catfight. A fun, crazy set piece. 

• Members

Same. I was so young when that happened and it left so many MEMORIES. I didn't know much of the history beforehand except that they hated each other.  And then there was Billy and Mac around that time so just more reasons for them to fight. 

• Members

LOL indeed. Maria has rubbed her own family and most of LA the wrong way. Aside from a weird NYT article a few years ago I haven’t heard much of her activities, it would not surprise me if Bill Jr. has her locked up in a panic room where she can do her arts all day. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

I think this upcoming week is a good mix of episodes. I’m glad 3 are from before 2000. I don’t mind the two later episodes because they’re giving us a good balance. I think that’s fair. If they keeep peppering in older episodes I’ll settle for two modern episodes a week. 

Also, Toups posted the ratings and I was stunned that Y&R is still#1 with a week of repeats that are so old. If this doesn’t tell them this stuff should be streaming then they simply don’t care. The value and demand is clearly there. 

• Members

1973-2005 are classic in my book. No one wants to see 2012 and 2014. People were mentioning on Twitter that the rival week should include Dru/Phyllis and Lauren/Traci Lauren/Sheila. I wish they would've peppered them in the week too. 

• Members

I’m not surprised at all. What’s most interesting is in spite of the initial jeering a couple weeks back is that Monday’s 1981 episode of Y&R had a LOT of folks on their official Facebook page very interested and intrigued. 

Edited by soapfan770