Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Shari Shattuck for life!

In all seriousness, I think that ED is the definitive Ashley. I think she is the only actress who has been able to fully flesh out Ashley in all her complexity. BE's Ashley was like a different character. She was a sweet heroine, and lacked the edge that ED brings to the role. It's the same issue with SH as Kristen on DOOL. Actresses who take over ED's roles are only able to play one note of her characters.

• Members

You should watch the 1989 playlist I’ve been watching lately. 1989 seemed to be all about Cricket and her new found family (including ex-fiance Scott, as well as her long long father and her previously estranged mother).  

• Members

I loved Nikki stripping! I miss soaps going out of their way to be outrageous. And then you’d be on the phone for 45 minutes with your mom or your girl friend, “Did you see Y&R today?! I couldn’t believe Nikki stripped!”

I miss the 90s y’all. 

• Members

I wonder if Nikki getting drunk and making a fool of herself was Bill Bell's way of planting the seed for Nikki's substance abuse that started later that year.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Oh come now, John O’Hurley wasn’t that bad in the role (although I do find it funny that he was supposed to play Scott’s father, and yet was only 2 years older than Peter Barton in real life

Please register in order to view this content

).

• Members

He was so pretty though.

Please register in order to view this content

Ultimately, it worked out fine. Lauren and Sheila needed an excuse to feud. He was there for that purpose. Also, "poor" Barton: How can you shine next to Brown and Bergman, especially at the height of their powers? Impossible!

There was definitely improvement when Bell toned it down a little (a little - I mean, Cricket still appears in an episode to have sex with Danny even when you don't need her lol) and, most importantly, when Lauralee started improving as an actress (thanks to the date rape story). I'll always give her credit for that: Mediocre as she is, she worked on the craft and improved. It also helped that Danny and Cricket were genuinely nice and sweet.

• Members

Depends what you mean by "not bad". Was he a decent actor? Sure. Was he creepy? Oh God YES. And when he started pawing Nikki? Ew.

I had no idea there was only a 2 year difference. He seemed like a cryptkeeper compared to Barton lmao.