Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There is a 1987 episode up on Youtube where Casey tells Nikki that her cancer had gone into remission, and Nikki races out to the ranch to tell Victor the good news - only to spot him from a distance with Ashley, who’s making peace with Victor regarding the abortion and her reasoning behind it.

From that point forward, she decided to keep the truth from Victor so that she can hang on to him a bit longer. I believe Jack also had some influence in this.

• Members

I assume you meant Chase rather than Chance. Even so, that would have been one hell of a triangle, especially considering Phillip’s sexual inclinations 2 decades later

Please register in order to view this content

(and yes I know you meant Cricket, and I completely agree with your sentiment about Nina’s addition to the quadrangle. Tricia Cast gave it a whole different dimension). 

• Members

Lester was out in 1985 to film a pilot called Hong Kong Knights. Bell left the door open for him in case the pilot wasn't sold, which it wasn't. He returned as Ashley and Victor and Nikki and Jack all ended up in Corsica in September 1985

Agreed. Why on earth did they spend so much time on Ellen talking with the President from 24. It was so not needed. Going from John and Jack talking about her to having her turn up at the house would have been sufficient. Could have then used those several minutes for other things

Honestly Thom had no chemistry with Lauralee but did have it with Tricia. I also think if Phillip had been kept he should have taken Ryan's place with Victoria. Having a Phillip/Victoria/Nina triangle would have been amazing. Especially the fireworks between Nikki/Jill/Victor/Kay. Phillip being a recovering alcoholic and Victoria wanting to save him, plus would have put a different spin on Nikki's alcoholism. 

You could have still had Nina/David, just have Phillip divorce Nina, she grabs half his fortune and Phillip spend the Kimble years mostly drunk.

• Members

Apologies for commenting on 1993 late:

Rowell and Kristoff are luminous. It's always amazing how much more authentic they (especially Dru) were allowed to be onscreen vs. most latter-day (or past) characters of color, who are often written to be safely bland by half-interested predominantly white writers. And this was the Tiffany soap for CBS. Incidentally I always found Kristoff hot as hell. Certain folk online used to clown him way too much, including on this site.

Even John Abbott is not buying poor Jack's delusions about Nikki and Victor, lol.

• Members

I’m picturing Thom and Heather in my head together, and you’re right - that would have been

Please register in order to view this content

.  Victor referring to him as “that damn punk” and both Jill and Kay getting right in his face because of it.

Story almost writes itself.

• Members

Thanks, I'll search for the episode and will definitely watch later. This makes me wish they would dedicate each week to a storyline - showing major episodes and filling in the gaps with those intro videos from the cast. I know this probably wouldn't work and cause disagreement among fans as to what should air. Also, I think CBS and their soaps are playing it safe by not airing too many older episodes consecutively thinking it may drive some viewers away. 

What exactly was said about Kristoff? Were they downplaying his sex appeal or was there something else going on? I definitely saw his appeal in that 1993 episode, but I do remember him from when I watched YR in the early/mid 2000s and I guess him coming across as stuffy may have taken away that appeal he had when his character was younger.

• Members

Thanks for clearing that up! I do recall several years ago someone had shared Digest photos 1986(or 1985?) mentioning that he left for a while. I'm not sure how long. The show had a goodbye party and everything - if I can find the photos I'll post them. I guess he wanted to try his luck elsewhere. They mention a TV movie he was in for CBS which apparently didn't do very well, or was given a bad timeslot.

It was such an amazing gothic scene made even better with ED’s and MTS’ big late 80s hairstyles they both looked gorgeous as did EB. 

Jennifer Karr’s Ellen looked like a mom from from some syndicated sitcom of the 80s, was she in anything else at all?

By the way, when did Phillip’s drinking problem start? I always assumed it was fatherhood that did him, guess it was way earlier than that.

• Members

LOL. Or Mama and Grandma making you take a nap when you didn't get it at the time. 

Watching today as I work out and I am really liking this Danny/Phillip rivalry. Was it like this before or was the show doing Cricket overkick by that point?