Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

"On Tuesday, May 5, Nikki dreams of reuniting with Victor after Ashley (Eileen Davidson) is out of the picture, and Phillip (Thom Bierdz) makes plans for a future with Cricket (Lauralee Bell). The episode originally aired August 17, 1987."

Anyone know what the actual airdate was? Phillip says in the episode that the current month is September.

• Members

Haven’t watched the 87 episode yet but wanted to comment on 1981. 

JLB was gorgeous and a perfect leading lady. I was captivated by her. That Vanessa woman was so interesting, I want to see more.

These classics are great. It’s so good to see EB so invested in his material. Nowadays he plays Victor like he’s about to fall asleep.

• Members

Great to see Terry Lester as Jack. Cricket was such a boring and annoying character. Two gay men in Danny and Phillip fighting for Cricket yawn.They should've been a couple. Phillip buying an engagement ring was laughable.

• Members

Almost every random episode I've watched from 1987-1999 features Cricket Blair. I rolled my eyes as she tried to keep up with Jeanne Cooper in today's (5/5/2020) classic episode. I can only imagine how viewers and actors felt at the time!

Terry Lester was perfect as Jack. Arrogant, lovable. What a great actor!

I agree with Phillip and Danny being a couple. That would've been scandalously fantastic! Maybe Phillip started drinking so much because everyone wanted him with a girl named Cricket (*eye roll*) when he had all of those illicit feelings for pool boys and Danny. 

• Members

Cricket, later called Christine to make the character feel more mature I suppose, truly ate up the show for a good number of years then. All roads led back to Cricket...

I do miss Tricia Cast and wish she had been able to stay with the show all these years. Nina was a fascinating character.

• Members

I am so frustrated with CBS All Access.

They even had a clip advertising the Katherine week, and never posted the episodes.  They removed the ad finally from the Y&R page.

It was awesome seeing the classic episodes they did post though.  Just wish the others had shown up.