Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE that they kept in all the old music cues and the original music for the opening theme!! That made me soooo happy!

15 hours ago, alphanguy74 said:

She just captivated everyone and creeped them out. When I watched her in the original run, she scared the hell out of me, especially when she wearing the veil. I was 13 years old at the time this aired... it was even during the school year, so I might not have seen this particular one. Although I stayed home from school at least 1 day every week. 

From her lips to God's ears. It would be a dream come true to have 4 months worth of classic episodes airing. They'll be STRUGGLING for a theme each week, but we can certainly get some good stuff, even if they keep to characters still on the canvas. Paul and Nikki and Sumiko would be a candidate, Traci dumping the banana split over Lauren's head, etc. 

YES!!! I would LOVE to see a best of Nikki week with her killing her father, her in the cult, her being rescued from Edward, and her being reduced from Rick Daros! I’d also love to see a week of Lauren with her first episode, the episode where Traci dumps the sundae on her head, she and Paul’s wedding, the episode where she’s rescued after being buried alive, and also the fire at the Farmhouse! I wish they’d do polls and let us choose...like they would pick 10-15 potential episodes for a themed week and then the top 5 episodes with the most votes are the ones that get picked for that specific themed week. 

The 1981 episode was back when Y&R was still in it's prime, with all of the classic music cues still in play.  In 1982, they started to introduce some music which just didn't seem to mingle well, and it's all been slowly downhill from there.

Does anyone know why Vanessa despises Lorie to this degree? I read that when Vanessa first came on the show, she wanted for Lance to never marry, so Vanessa would have Lance to herself. But in this 1981 ep, Vanessa's hatred seems to go beyond even that.

9 minutes ago, yrfan1983 said:

Does anyone know why Vanessa despises Lorie to this degree? I read that when Vanessa first came on the show, she wanted for Lance to never marry, so Vanessa would have Lance to herself. But in this 1981 ep, Vanessa's hatred seems to go beyond even that.

It's because she saw Lorie as selfish and manipulative. Lorie was also an aggressive personality. She loved Leslie, because Leslie was much more timid person. 

1 minute ago, alphanguy74 said:

It's because she saw Lorie as selfish and manipulative. Lorie was also an aggressive personality. She loved Leslie, because Leslie was much more timid person. 

I thought she couldn’t stand Leslie being so weak either but oddly found Lorie easier to work with. Such a fascinating story for real though I wonder if someone watching Y&R during those years could have predicted how Vanessa would go out or that everyone in this ep but Victor, Nikki, and Douglas would be gone within a year’s time. 

Vanessa aside, Douglas, Nikki and Victor were definitely the highlight and not the lowlight IMO. Their scenes were so fun and fantastic to watch glad to finally see it play out especially between Victor and Nikki. 

When exactly did John Conboy depart the show? I noticed that they still have those big zoom ins and the lighting is very dark where’s i watched the 1981 New Year’s Eve episode at Paley in New York and didn’t think it seemed as dark as this one. 

4 minutes ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

I'm watching the CDN, Terry Lester is in it.

Yes!  This is the 1987 episode for tommorow.

hopefully they’ll keep in all the old music for tomorrow’s episode like they did today’s! anyone else love that they kept all the music in tact?? i really wasn’t expecting them to keep the original opening theme music! those Vanessa scenes were really creepy and that music was so bone-chilling!

2 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Is it too early to ask about next Monday? 😉

Global didn't put the episode # 😔 it just says 5/11/2020