Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I LOVE that they kept in all the old music cues and the original music for the opening theme!! That made me soooo happy!

YES!!! I would LOVE to see a best of Nikki week with her killing her father, her in the cult, her being rescued from Edward, and her being reduced from Rick Daros! I’d also love to see a week of Lauren with her first episode, the episode where Traci dumps the sundae on her head, she and Paul’s wedding, the episode where she’s rescued after being buried alive, and also the fire at the Farmhouse! I wish they’d do polls and let us choose...like they would pick 10-15 potential episodes for a themed week and then the top 5 episodes with the most votes are the ones that get picked for that specific themed week. 

• Members

The 1981 episode was back when Y&R was still in it's prime, with all of the classic music cues still in play.  In 1982, they started to introduce some music which just didn't seem to mingle well, and it's all been slowly downhill from there.

• Members

Does anyone know why Vanessa despises Lorie to this degree? I read that when Vanessa first came on the show, she wanted for Lance to never marry, so Vanessa would have Lance to herself. But in this 1981 ep, Vanessa's hatred seems to go beyond even that.

• Members

I thought she couldn’t stand Leslie being so weak either but oddly found Lorie easier to work with. Such a fascinating story for real though I wonder if someone watching Y&R during those years could have predicted how Vanessa would go out or that everyone in this ep but Victor, Nikki, and Douglas would be gone within a year’s time. 

Vanessa aside, Douglas, Nikki and Victor were definitely the highlight and not the lowlight IMO. Their scenes were so fun and fantastic to watch glad to finally see it play out especially between Victor and Nikki. 

• Members

When exactly did John Conboy depart the show? I noticed that they still have those big zoom ins and the lighting is very dark where’s i watched the 1981 New Year’s Eve episode at Paley in New York and didn’t think it seemed as dark as this one. 

• Members

hopefully they’ll keep in all the old music for tomorrow’s episode like they did today’s! anyone else love that they kept all the music in tact?? i really wasn’t expecting them to keep the original opening theme music! those Vanessa scenes were really creepy and that music was so bone-chilling!