Y&R to air classic episodes

2 minutes ago, Legacy said:

She was pretty spooky and intimidating character, she almost more frightening then Sheila but probably a different kind of David Kimble.

Theres also a episode i think more in the 70's when she tried to shoot Lorie but ended up shooting lance, that would be amazing to see

Victor and nikki scenes were okay just to get the viewers interested in something else that was new at that time so they fit in quite well, i wish we can see more 1981 

Here's some of the clip right here of when Vanessa shot Lance! :)  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

I liked MAB until late 2009/2010 than she just got stupid

While there were ups and downs before I quit in 2011... and then returned around MAB's exit and then left for good in 2014 (?) with JFP destroying the show's production values for good.

Back to the main topic: I'm super excited for 1981 to show up on the www as soon as possible. Sounds amazing!

Edited by sheilaforever

So is it airing on CBS/streaming on CBS.com in the U.S. on Monday? Are they all on there?

2 hours ago, sheilaforever said:

While there were ups and downs before I quit in 2011... and then returned around MAB's exit and then left for good in 2014 (?) with JFP destroying the show's production values for good.

Back to the main topic: I'm super excited for 1981 to show up on the www as soon as possible. Sounds amazing!

If anyone knows how to download a video from global tv, I wish I could share with you all.

9 hours ago, Vee said:

So is it airing on CBS/streaming on CBS.com in the U.S. on Monday? Are they all on there?

Yes, it airs on CBS Monday but it's anyone's guess if they'll put it on CBS.com. They only put the 1984, 1991, and 1993 episodes up, nothing since.

11 hours ago, kalbir said:

Bill Bell used elements of Vanessa/Lance/Lucas for Stephanie/Ridge/Thorne and the Lance/Lucas/Leslie/Lorie quadrangle for the Ridge/Thorne/Caroline/Brooke quadrangle. Oddly enough John McCook played son to Vanessa and husband to Stephanie; I know John McCook left Y&R in 1980 so the 1981 episode will have the recast Lance. From what I've read about Vanessa, she's probably the scariest of Bill Bell's wealthy matriarchs (Jennifer, Katherine, Vanessa, Dina, Stephanie).

OMG! That explains some of B&B’s weird 1988 storylines so much better now as I never thought of that way. Maybe if Vanessa had to deal with Rose DeVille intruding in her life it would have been much clearer.

Geez, it’s funny to think while Alice Horton was baking doughnuts, both Bert Bauer and Nancy Hughes serving up a nice cup of hot coffee and Ada passing on her wisdom their peers Vanessa, Katherine, and Alison Bancroft at Y&R were cold and harsh and coming up with really devious wicked schemes. 

26 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

Geez, it’s funny to think while Alice Horton was baking doughnuts, both Bert Bauer and Nancy Hughes serving up a nice cup of hot coffee and Ada passing on her wisdom their peers Vanessa, Katherine, and Alison Bancroft at Y&R were cold and harsh and coming up with really devious wicked schemes. 

Bill Bell liked the messy matriarchs LOL.

1 minute ago, kalbir said:

Bill Bell liked the messy matriarchs LOL.

I guess Liz Foster was the good matriarch.

Posted (edited)

You have to remember, too, that Bert Bauer and Nancy Hughes weren't always so benevolent.  Nancy, in particular, was quite meddlesome and judgmental in ATWT's earliest days.  She just mellowed over time.

2 minutes ago, FrenchFan said:

I guess Liz Foster was the good matriarch.

And even Liz could be quite frosty at times, too.  Bill Bell wasn't quite as nostalgic or sentimental toward his characters like Agnes Nixon could be.

Edited by Khan

And then of course there is Mary Williams, a working class matriarch who didn't have the money to scheme elaborately, but was definitely just as up in her kids' business.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BoldRestless said:

And then of course there is Mary Williams, a working class matriarch who didn't have the money to scheme elaborately, but was definitely just as up in her kids' business.

LMAO, can you imagine Katherine,Liz Foster and Mary Williams gathering around a table in Mary’s kitchen to discuss and gossip about Ashley Abbott having relations with Victor over a pot of coffee?

2 hours ago, Khan said:

You have to remember, too, that Bert Bauer and Nancy Hughes weren't always so benevolent.  Nancy, in particular, was quite meddlesome and judgmental in ATWT's earliest days.  She just mellowed over time.

And even Liz could be quite frosty at times, too.  Bill Bell wasn't quite as nostalgic or sentimental toward his characters like Agnes Nixon could be.

These ladies never mellowed over time on Y&R or B&B they became more bitter and spiteful!

Aside from Liz Foster, it’s funny that then far majority the Y&R characters have never had good mothers to look up to. We saw this from Jennifer Brooks to Joanna Manning to Lillie Belle Barber, Doris Collins, and Lydia Summers. 🙃

😂

Edited by soapfan770
2 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

LMAO, can you imagine Katherine,Liz Foster and Mary Williams gathering around a table in Mary’s kitchen to discuss and gossip about Ashley Abbott having relations with Victor over a pot of coffee?

These ladies never mellowed over time on Y&R or B&B they became more bitter and spiteful!

Aside from Liz Foster, it’s funny that then far majority the Y&R characters have never had good mothers to look up to. We saw this from Jennifer Brooks to Joanna Manning to Lillie Belle Barber, Doris Collins, and Lydia Summers. 🙃

😂

I don’t remember Doris being a bad mom to Sharon but I agree for the rest. You can add of course Dina Mergeron, Jessica Blair, Flo Webster...

Posted (edited)

Do we have episode numbers for all of this week's episodes?

ETA: Got them, thank you @YRfan23

5/4: #2194:OAD:11/2/81 (Incorrectly Marked as 10/31/81, which was a Saturday)

5/5: #3684:OAD: 9/18/87 (Incorrectly Marked as 8/17/87)

5/6: #4397:OAD: 7/9/90 (Incorrectly marked as 6/2/90, which was Also a Saturday BTW)

5/7:#6354:OAD: 4/14/98

5/8: #7461: OAD:9/5/02

Edited by BoldRestless
On 5/1/2020 at 1:26 PM, Michele Soap Writer said:

watching the end of today's classic episode. WAIIITTTTT, Nicky and Paul were together???!!! Yet another example of EWWWWWW!!!!!

What’s with all the EWWWW comments? I don’t remember it being so strange when it happened.