Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So sad that it seems they air an episode mostly with the old Brooks crowd, but only one Lorie scene! I will take anything though so I’m not complaining. What I wouldn’t give to see a really meaty episode with Lorie, Leslie, Vanessa, etc. 

• Members

Yeah, I got the sense that that was coming.

Same. Didn’t want to come across like a MAB apologist in my previous post. But I really do feel like she gutted the show. After LML, who just didn’t appreciate what was good about Y&R at all and didn’t understand or even like the characters outside of a precious few, MAB initially seemed like a breath of fresh air. But her show was so dark and nihilistic in an incompetent and insulting attempt to reference old-school gothic Y&R. It was like watching a desecration.

• Members

Abby was the result of 2000-spermgate.

One of the best storylines from around that time IMO is Lorie’s revenge on Victor during 1982 for taking away Prentiss Industries from Lance. To this date, the only woman who beat Victor at his own game.

• Members

Did you see the episode yet because i just watched it and holy [!@#$%^&*] that kept me glued, every scene had a great purpose for whatever was going on back then it was really good and of course im happy i got to see Vanessa she basically stole the show 

I loved the scene near the end when Vanessa was sitting on the couch trying to pay of the fact that she's ill and she hates Lorie and lance is just standing there completely clueless, this is much better then anything going on in the last 10 or more years of the show

• Members

Bill Bell used elements of Vanessa/Lance/Lucas for Stephanie/Ridge/Thorne and the Lance/Lucas/Leslie/Lorie quadrangle for the Ridge/Thorne/Caroline/Brooke quadrangle. Oddly enough John McCook played son to Vanessa and husband to Stephanie; I know John McCook left Y&R in 1980 so the 1981 episode will have the recast Lance. From what I've read about Vanessa, she's probably the scariest of Bill Bell's wealthy matriarchs (Jennifer, Katherine, Vanessa, Dina, Stephanie).

• Members

Im happy they didn't cut anything out, they need to show viewers that even though it wasn't y&r best storyline talked about at least the actors in those scenes made it work. The overall performance from everyone today beat basically 10 or more years of the show's acting in my opinion

• Members

Man I'm even more excited!

Please register in order to view this content

I know it's probably already on YT, but I've been debating if I should wait for a higher quality version of the episode...If I didn't have work on Monday I'd watch it live, but I know the episodes won't be available on CBS or on Demand...   

• Members

She was pretty spooky and intimidating character, she almost more frightening then Sheila but probably a different kind of David Kimble.

Theres also a episode i think more in the 70's when she tried to shoot Lorie but ended up shooting lance, that would be amazing to see

Victor and nikki scenes were okay just to get the viewers interested in something else that was new at that time so they fit in quite well, i wish we can see more 1981