Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She was such an egomaniac and enabled such unbridled homophobia and misogyny onscreen I don't think I could remember a positive thing about her tenure at this point. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Agreed. I’d much rather close out the week with the 1998 attic fight and Rex & Katherine singing “I’m Gonna Live til I Die” that anything from MAB & Co.’s reign of terror. 

The general victory lap she allowed herself to do when her own very limited abilities did not warrant anywhere near such a level of ego.

• Members

I'll watch episodes up to 2005. 2006 onward are not classics.

Between LML, Josh Griffith, MAB, Paul Rauch, JFP, Chuck Pratt, Mal Young, Sally Sussman, Anthony Morina, I would say MAB is the lesser of nine evils despite her love for former sitcom actors and ABC leftovers.

• Members

I remember liking MAB...until the whole town at the garbage dump thing + two doppelgangers running around at the same time. Even if I liked one of the doppelganger better than the other.

At least she attempted to get Billy and Mac back together. 

But ugh at seeing later years Phyllis today versus yesterday's much better Phyllis.

• Members

I have to say after watching this episode, I really don't miss the LML/MAB era, but production values were still very Y&R-ish. Watching this reminded me of the mess they made of the Sharon character around this time. Additionally, Miller's acting as Billy vs Jason/Drew on GH is night and day.