Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

I actually feel like Sharon's descent really started when she and Victor kissed back in 02/03 or thereabouts. Was so wrong and uneccessary. This was the same time Paul consensually raped Christine, another horrible story and of course Kay/Jill being mother/daughter. No surprise this all seem to happen once Jack Smith was made co-head writer. Though Kay made a few mistakes I really have issues with too.

I stopped watching daily around 2000ish and stopped all together in 2005/06 so never saw MAB, but I remember people online being excited for storylines that were announced, then upset with the way those storylines played out. Pretty much everytime.

Y&R is easier for the first 30 years as there was really only Bill Bell and Kay Alden for the most part. Then you have the reigns of people who helped destroy the show, so I definitely was paying attention as Y&R was being ripped apart, even if I wasn't watching the show

Edited by will81

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haha I know!! I mean, on paper it sounds so insulting and degrading to women -- and ultimately it definitely is -- but boy, I'm a sucker for that kind of pacing and story structure. I was glued to the screen! lol

• Members

Spermgate, lol. Hated it. This was all Kay Alden. She threw three great women under the bus to prop Victor. 2000 was also the year Y&R lost a full ratings point and I think it eventually lead to Trent Jones and Jack Smith coming on board. After 2000 Kay never wrote the show alone again. Was it a huge misfire, well compared to others, no, but I will never like it. If we did get reruns of Y&R from the beginning I would definitely call it quits in 1999, when the Abbotts reunited to reclaim Jabot.

Also It is unclear how much of the show from 2002 was Kay and what was Jack. So maybe some of the stuff I mentioned above was her as well. Unsure.

• Members

I vaguely remember the Victor sperm story lol. I cant imagine Jack and Sharon married. I dont know why. It seems like nearly every character ends up sleeping with or married to every other character of the opposite sex at some point in time. I hate that because its rare in real life that people get married and divorced that many times. I know it's a soap but I prefer great stories with more semblance of realism lol

• Members

Yeah I think that's why I loved the show when certain characters would not even meet or share scenes with others. It sounds like they had no idea what to do with Sharon, so they just married her off, divorced her, mental breakdown. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Members

Sharon being both Victor and Jack's ex-wife is disgusting. I wasn't watching when she married Victor. Nick should consider that unforgivable. WHY did she marry Victor? Was it an actual marriage? Did they *shudder* have sex?

• Members

When I first started watching Y&R in '99 I would hit up message boards and people could not stop bringing up Terry Lester and Brenda Dickson and all I could think was "Can they shut up about these people? It's been forever. Peter Bergman and Jess Walton are great!". It had only been a decade but I was a kid, what do I know?

But here we are, 17 (!) years after losing Heather Tom and I can't shut up about how bad Amelia Heinle is.

• Members

Victor and Sharon were never shown in bed together. There was one scene where they held hands and walked upstairs together so the bedroom activities were implied.

Victor and Jack have both been with Nikki, Leanna, Diane, Sharon, Genevieve.

• Members

Worse is that she married Victor twice in the same year. First time was for custody fraud/legal purposes and they annulled it shortly after; the second time, who knows what the hell MAB was thinking!!! It was gross!

LOL, I know what you mean. And I remember people complaining that Y&R had only rehired Davidson because she was on Days

Please register in order to view this content

. LOL while I wish Lester had stayed around, I remember on WOST when Jill’s shooting episode first surfaced, folks were flabbergasted by Dickson’s British accent that they had forgotten.