Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Yes!  I don't know what TIIC were doing with some of these characters. Colleen, Rex, Brad.  They could've just sent Brad off to Azerbaijan or Katmandu and had Colleen visit him-- they needn't have kill both off and the way they did Colleen's death in particular was so damn cheesy! Rex and Katherine could have separated and reunited and Jill, getting in the way sometimes.  There were a lot of possibilities going down the road.

I agree. Characters like that are missing from today's soaps.

I hope Tricia Cast is managing things alright, after such a loss.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, like he had a bad cold. He was the same when he returned in 2011.

Thom was a great cast as Phillip in that he embodied what the character was suppose to be and he had great chemistry with his coworkers. The problem was his acting was bad. His character never evolved because of his acting(Joshua Morrow ...cough). He was still the shy timid gay guy. We all knew Phillip was gay even back in the 80s. When you have a crush on Cricket it became very obvious.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Absolutely agree. Katherine was a mean, bitter, hardened woman, and we loved her for it. Even when she found Mackenzie she was a wreck and it was amazing to watch. LML and MAB softened her up way, way too much and the businesswoman angle was such a cop out to try and keep her in the mix.

A Mac/Billy (great)grandchild for Katherine and Jill would have given so, so much for them to play off of. Mac and Billy could go through marital problems or Mac could have had post-partum depression or the baby could have a health crisis or even lighter things like Katherine and Jill competing for the baby's affections. The possibilities were limitless and Mac and Billy were incredibly popular under Tom and Bashioum. In my view, the loss of Tom was bad, but it was the loss of Bashioum that really hurt because none of the Mac recasts have worked - she brought a hardness to the role that was so similar to Jeanne Cooper that I had no trouble believing them to be grandmother and granddaughter.

Watching Katherine's Intervention, it's amazing how much better the show was then and back in 2004 we all thought it was faltering (which it was), but Dear God In Heaven how I'd wish to go back to 2004 levels of quality.

I always looked at the lighting and appearances by Rex and Philip as Kay's drunken hallucination, rather than divine intervention (which it was meant to appear to be with Rex and Philip in white resort wear). The acting and production and style is just head and shoulders above what we see now.

• Members

The choices for classics of Y&R continue to be so much better than anyone could have imagined. The Victor&Nikki week sounds amazing. I would have never dared to dream that CBS really means CLASSICS as in episodes not seen in more (!) than two decades (!).

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

I always wanted Colleen and Scotty to be a supercouple. Imagine Lauren and Traci being in-laws. So much potential wasted because of killing off the eldest Abbott granddaughter. They could've thrown in a Sheila Carter esque enemy for them as a third party. Perhaps it can be a man that Colleen has an affair with. 

I hope Tricia is doing well too. 

• Members

It's interesting watching those 80s scenes knowing what we know now with all the retcons. When Liz tells Phillip that Jill has been shot, he snarkily asks if it was one of her lovers. Then he wants to go back to school right away, and says he doesn't mind staying the summer, and I'm thinking, of course, he feels more comfortable being himself there and he probably has a boyfriend.

Regarding TEB, she always sounded like she had a cold, and when she live tweeted during the Masquerade ball, she said she sounded weird because it was before she had sinus surgery.

• Members

Y&R would have to do better with recasting for Scotty though. Just imagine how much better JT's last go 'round in GC could've produced Colleen.  Also, had Colleen been there in the midst of the Dina mess. Dina could have doted on Colleen as a daughter while practically forgetting that Traci existed. It might've made for some interesting drama.