Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The sweeping Y&R score had a way of pulling you in to the show just as much as the storytelling. The cues from around this time are classic, nostalgic but not at all dated. It's a shame that Y&R and B&B have abandoned their timeless scores.

The production values from this time are also top notch. It was genius to add an echo effect in the jail scene. It added so much to the drama.

• Members

Exactly. There's only a couple of reasons why one would prefer BE: She was their first Ashley, therefore understandably one becomes attached to her, or they can't resist BE's total sweetness and charisma which was passed on to the character. 

But it's not just about what Davidson brought to the role. Ashley as she should be was very idiosyncratic, stubborn, weird, difficult. Those who didn't appreciate that will certainly fall for the typical sweet heroine that BE was. Sadly, that's not really Ashley. And I say all this even though I LOVE Brenda. Let's prefer who we prefer but put some RESPECK on Davidson's name!

Please register in order to view this content

LOL I get it. Still...

Hydrox filed a complaint against rival Oreo for 'hiding' cookies

Totally understandable.

• Members

Whomever is editing these episodes is doing a terrible job. They seem so disjointed.

Today's episode reminded me why I never cared for Peter Bergman. There's an innate smugness that just wafts through the screen. Seeing Terry Lester (RIP) yesterday and PB today highlights the huge difference between their portrayals of Jack.

Whoa, EB seems to be anti-aging 

Please register in order to view this content

He was 49 in this episode and had been on Y&R for 10 years at this point yet he looked way better than he did in the 1980s. He was so dashing and debonair in his tux  

Edited by kalbir