DAYS: Actor leaving

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He is lucky he lasted so long.  Dena Higley relentlessly tried to make the Hernandez family work--never did.  And after they fired Christie Clark and finally dropped Safe, they kept Rafe as supporting (the only time I liked him, when he was f***ing Kate and wrapped up in Sami's murder trial after Stefano tried to cut his di*k off) before giving him Jordan.  When that didn't work they stalled while Aiden went darkside and Bo died, then they tried to really renascence the character by positioning him as the post-Bo(/Daniel) hero lead opposite Hope.  And it didn't work. Rafe just doesn't work.  But admittedly, after a decade+ of investment in the Hernandez family, I would've tried to keep him for Gabi's sake.  But, ya, this is vague and I don't understand what GG is saying.

Galen seems like a real nice guy and is very well liked among the cast, so it's sad to see a "vet" like this go, if he is actually leaving?

• Members

Ya know, I don't hate the guy, but the character has just been there for years with no real reason. They've stuck him with just about everyone they could (I'm surprised they didn't go further with Rafe/Nicole when they were becoming friends) with no long-term success. He had Sami, but EJ overtook that (just as EJ overtook Lucas). 

If anything, he'd be best served as a Roman Brady occasional supportive role at the cop shop. Some money is better than no money, plus you get a golf buddy! 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I agree. I kinda liked him as the cop investigating the Necktie murders in the fall of 2015. He was also prety good in family scenes with the other Hernandez members. But that's it. He's no leading man and none of his pairings have been good. It's like with EM and SC. They put Brady and Daniel in one lackluster pairing after another and then tossed the women aside. 

I actually just saw some comments on another board. They compared GG with SC and how it for years seemed like TPTB would never get rid of Daniel, and then they finally came to their senses.