• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

THIS!

Summed it up perfectly. 

I liked his character at times, he had some nice friendships when they wrote them (Nicole and Kate come to mind) ... I once liked the idea of Carrie and Rafe but that time passed, lol.

It's for the best. Slot Shawn into his spot on the canvas.

They just came back from two months "off", no need for another one. I took it to mean he's returning to wrap things up. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Absolutely, same here. I think they were looking to trim the budget again when they resumed production. Let's remember, everyone was technically "fired" to save money, so they had to approach every actor again and have them re-sign contracts. So perhaps when it came to Galen, they thought, "Here's someone pretty expensive (because he's been on consecutively for 11 years) who isn't contributing much anymore. Let's see if we can drop him." And it sounds like the decision was mutual.

• Members

I don't know about his financial situation, but I doubt it was mutual.  He seems like one of those very admirable soap actors who has no illusions about their situation--this can be an incredibly stable career if you tow the line.  (Or at least it could in the past.). You may be forfeiting risk/reward, but you're enjoying security.  And soap lifers can still advocate for themselves, they just have to be willing to roll with the punches.  Galen seemed perfectly content to be a team player and ride the wave for as long as possible.

• Members

Yeah, exactly. He's been doing soaps for 20 years. He's got years of Lifetime and Hallmark movies ahead of him. And that's not a jab towards Galen. You just know Sweeney will use him. He'll be fine.

I bitched just a few days ago when fans were posting who was back taping and I hoped for a cast overhaul. I'm glad they took the opportunity to dump Rafe. Ron was never interested in writing for him. He was dead weight. I've been hearing that just because folks are back taping doesn't necessarily mean they're "back" ... so ... we shall see.

Shawn Douglas can be the good guy cop. It's time. Move him into that slot (and yes, I do believe there are "slots/spots" on the canvas). DONE.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I agree. Rafe was expendable. I'm really excited they finally took the opportunity. Not quite as exciting as when Shawn Christian and Daniel got the boot but it's close. I saw some potential at times in Rafe, like others said, around 2011-2012, and again in 2015-2016 but that's about it. I never cared for his forced pairings with Sami and Hope.

I have no doubt Galen will be getting Hallmark movies. I'm sure Frank Valentini and Brad Bell are scanning their budgets as we speak ...

I think he knew he had a 'good thing' and didn't rock the boat. I agree. He was riding the wave but time's up. lol. I'm sure he'll do fine. He's not the worst actor and I think he could do well on Hallmark. Not a jab at him at all. I've watched Galen since Day 1 on Passions. He's still the same. It was time. He's very lucky to have survived 20 years in soaps. Rafe had some potential but they never did enough with him to make any of us really care.