Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I feel bad for him.  MM is talented and when he first came on Kyle was very interesting. He also had chemistry with multiple women to include Hilary and Mariah. And even Lola at first though this pairing has dragged him down and become a boring and toxic mess. He has a good attitude and he tries to put forth a good effort with his acting. Even with these terrible plotlines he's getting.

Some people are speculating that Josh hates the pairing of Kyle/Lola but may be forced to write a lot of for them by Angelica and he's retaliating by giving them these awful plotlines. Having Kyle dig through actual trash and get ketchup or tomato sauce or whatever that was that was on his face should be way beneath the character of Kyle Abbott. This is Jack's son and he's out here acting like a lapdog for a woman who has never fully accepted him, and makes him jump through hoops for everything. And makes him feel bad about being wealthy. Plus she's really boring and basic. 

I don't know what exactly is going on here, but whatever it is, it's not right. Whether Josh likes this pairing or not (and TBH I don't blame him if he doesn't) he can do better than this. Kyle digging through trash and arguing with Abby about whether or not Lola's bridesmaids dresses should be stone cold blue is not good storytelling. Neither is Lola literally taping his mouth shut, so he could be quiet (which she actually did) or him hanging an "I'm sorry banner" to apologize for proposing to her. The way that Kyle is being written right now is mostly degrading, IMO.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Michael Mealor is too talented and Kyle is too important a legacy male for this. They finally nailed this cursed recast after several dud actors and he's stuck with this crap.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Stafford reverts to that because she stopped acting and trying to add nuance to her performances since 2005. Stafford also doesn't do much to distinguish how she played Nina from Phyllis.  

The class Gina brought to the role, despite the trashy writing, is now gone. It's back to being 100% trash all the time, even in just that one scene with Adam.