Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would disagree with that.  My husband maintains a nice muscular body and has a heart of gold.  Do all pretty and fit women have horrible personalities?  A muscular body is nearly impossible to attain?  LOL.  Well, go to your local gym (make sure it's a real one) and you'll see alot of fit, muscular people.  It's not that hard to attain if you apply yourself.  And these are people who are paid to act and have nothing but time on their hands to eat well and work out. 

• Members

+1 preach!  I work hard to maintain what I’ve got and I’m still just as big a soap nerd as I’ve always been. 

And let’s face it, with soaps as they are today, they’re not looking for the next Tony Geary or Larry Bryggman. A reformed serial killer with an im-pec-able body will do just fine

Please register in order to view this content

as long as he can keep up with the hectic shooting schedule. 

• Members

I haven't watched in weeks and just came here to catch up.

I see Devon and elena slept together already. This relationship is nothing. Seems created to push another story. I have ideas but I'll keep them to myself 

Also watched a clip of Adam. He's really good just like folks have said. The show will wear fans out on him in 6 months. 

When does Chelsea make her debut? 

• Members

I understand your plight and know it's not easy, but I also know that to achieve and maintain a fit body requires work, determination, sacrifice, and commitment. Yes, America has an obesity problem because their diet consists of greasy fast food and cheap processed crap from Wal-Mart (or most other grocers, if you choose the fast 'n easy stuff). Yes, it's unfair to see a burger sold at $1 while the salad next to it is $5, but it's all about choice and understanding what you're putting into your body.  Also, many just get home from work and plop down on their sofa or stare at their phone screens for hours upon hours. No exercise and a sedentary lifestyle equals a gut, love handles, and multiple chins. 

Okay, stepping off soap box. But to clarify what I said earlier, although it'd be great to have high caliber new actors on soaps, the reality - especially on DAYS - is there's little to no time to prepare for scenes and really get into the emotions of it all, because they're up to shooting NINE episodes per week! Whether it's good or bad, they just want it done so they can move on to shooting the next scene. Performance expectations are at an all-time low, although IMO, the majority of the veteran Y&R actors can still put out some great emotional performances. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

He is right. (And yep, we do have an obesity problem ... look at the size of meals we serve! but what matters isn't the size of the person but if they're healthy. Stomach fat is one of the worst fats to have)

I've also struggled with my weight. I'm not obese but I've always been either 20-30 pounds over where I should be. It's a constant struggle. And he's absolutely right that it's about what you put in your body ...

But the other poster is also right that it's not easy to deal with someone telling you how easy it is or whatnot, even if they mean well. Everyone's body is very different, what works for some doesn't work for everyone.

It's really about a lifestyle change. Not really "diets". Exercise is one of my main problems ... lol

Anyway ... this is a pretty good topic to talk about.

Kinda sad it's more interesting than the show itself ...

This!

Yes, unfortunately many do have health ailments that cause weight gain. Most seem to be dismissive of that because they don't understand it. They shouldn't be dismissive of it ... sometimes folks truly *can't* lose that weight. (I have a former co-worker/friend - still a friend, lol - who struggles with multiple ailments that cause weight gain, and I think even some medications do as well)

Edited by KMan101