Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Rey better leave Sharon now before it ends up like Mia 2.0.

Lola continues to be irritating. There is nothing cute about the character.

Are we really supposed to buy Kevin as some bad guy? He's always been a loser character and it sucks that he is back and Adam's story has to be tied to him.

• Members

I'm sorry, but it feels like at this point that TPTB our just trying to avoid the inevitable of Cane's time  coming to an end on this show. Especially with this nonsensical plot of having Traci being attracted to him. And it's not because of the age gap or anything physically wrong with the actors. 

The character of Traci, imo deserves so much better than to be paired with Cane "Con Man" Ashby of all people doesn't make sense at all. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Ana came back today, and has made peace with Mariah/Tessa (at least for now). They all agreed to help each other and work together in a girl power type of moment. I wonder where the show is going with this storyline for them. I still don't know what Josh is trying to do with Ana (if much of anything) by putting her in this storyline with them.

I wondered at first if there was some sort of triangle that would happen (even if was just on a professional level). And then I wondered if Ana and Mariah would be written as rivals, where Ana would thrown under the bus for Mariah. And now they are all getting along and having a girl power moment. Maybe Mariah's stalker will resurface and cause all issues for all of them. Hmmmmm….. I wonder what is going on there. As an Ana fan I am concerned she may come out on the short end of the stick, depending on what the story is.

Also, Kevin didn't come across as very threatening towards Adam today. He seemed a bit mismatched against Adam. And it looks Jack is headed towards having feelings for Lauren and may have some for her already.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Yep. That's what I proposed as the story was happening. I know this was Mal's 'pet' story, but he totally missed the point that Dina (Marla) easily filled two crucial voids: 1) JC/Kay as the grande dame of GC and 2) providing a parental structure to the Abbott clan, something Jack has never been able to do since John's ridiculous offing. Not to mention that Dina has real/on-screen connections with most of the canvas - she was friends with Victor back in the day; Devon through Kay; obviously, the Abbotts, Jill, etc. 

If it weren't for the fact that Marla Adams just kills every time she's on-screen, I wouldn't be as bent about this decision, but she is truly amazing. Just do it! 

Fans of the show are willing to accept stuff for characters/actor they love. It was no big deal to come up with "Mariah" and the unknown twin because of CG. The situation would be exactly the same if the bring back Hilary. Heck, Adam's returned from the dead -- at least 3 times (the bone marrow foil, Billy shooting and the explosion). 

• Members

Nope.  And it wouldn't shock me either to find out Chloe's the one who kidnapped her.

Jack/Lauren seems like the kind of stuff Bill Bell would have done BITD with Terry Lester's Jack.  Now, though, it's just a big whatever.

Edited by Khan