Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

No, Josh Morrow ain't the greatest actor in the world by a long shot, but he's ok.   He does well at certain things, and not-so-well at others.   To me, he'll never be very realistic as a high-powered businessman or as a world-renowned playboy.   But as a middle-class Dad playing with his kids, working in a coffee shop or a bar, pining after Sharon, and being slightly spoiled by his trust fund background, he's just fine.  The problem seems to be that Josh Morrow sometimes seems to lean on the writers to make his characters more "high-powered" or whatever, and it just doesn't work for him as an actor OR as a character.     

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, I guess that's it for GT as Phyllis. It's only a few weeks until the rehabilitation she did with this character is undone, and I'm back to calling the character Syphilis again

Monday's US episode - look at Greg Rikaart trying to flirt with Mark Grossman...

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I wonder what’s next for Gina. I’m sure she’d be a great get for the other three shows, and soaps can provide some stability (although the end could be near), but I’d like to see her do something more interesting.

• Members

I have always liked him.  But he isn’t a young man anymore and that is the issue for me.  He’s a grown ass man that should have issues but shouldn’t feel so stunted.

Its like Sam on GH.  These are not characters in their mid to late 20’s anymore.  Write them as adults.  Yes they can have issues and be immature but it’s like they want us all to pretend they are forever 29 and Marlena on DAYS is forever 45.  Let them age!

• Members

In her SOD interview Eva LaRue mentions that the show is dark on Mondays and they only tape an episode a day and finish by 6pm.

So I guess the 5th episode is incorporated into the 4 day week using sets and actors available on those days?

• Members

What is it with this show and people getting seriously pissed over being given a gift?  How DARE you give me an expensive purse!  How DARE you pay off my debt! 

God, someone do that for me.  I'd gladly take it...you make the decision to gimme something, Imma take it.