Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol at some of those dance scenes on today's show.

Society does have a dance floor and also kind of acts as a club in the night time.

I though that today's show was okay. I wonder what Victor's illness is. I remember when Brooks Darnell's Nate first came on Victor had some type of illness and was showing symptoms but they really said what that was. It was why Nate became his private doctor in the first place. I wonder if they are picking up from where that storyline ended. I am glad that Nate will be interacting more with the Newmans, again. I want to see this Nate interact with more people.

I also think that Adam and Phyllis were kind of interesting together. I do think that GT's Phyllis can play off well against multiple characters, maybe even more so than MS's Phyllis.

And Kyle and Lola continue to be boring. Him gifting her a picture frame to celebrate their one week anniversary of moving into together was ZZZZZZ. But this is the type of stuff that the show likes to do with them. I do think that he may end up becoming jealous of Summer and Theo. And I wonder if Summer will end up spiraling a little. When I first read the spoilers for today's show, I  thought that Kyle and Lola would just be overreacting to her drinking. But after I saw a spoiler that said that:

Please register in order to view this content

I could see Summer worrying about that and that causing her to stress drink more, which isn't good especially since she did the liver transplant not too long ago. Maybe Nate worrying about Summer's health may be foreshadowing of that.

• Members

It’s ridiculous that Society is this first class restaurant with an awesome chef — but then pushes the tables out of the way to turn into a nite club after hours. So does the restaurant close at 9? 10? Never mind. It’s all crap.

Speaking of never mind, the same goes for Jabot Collective being this HUGE online success on frickin DAY ONE. I mean, really? Who writes this stuff?

Gina Tognoni and Mark Grossman were fire together. I do not want to see the brittle overacting that Stafford will bring.

• Members

And I mean, let’s just face it. Phyllis/Nick was a farce because it was just not believable. He was too hot for her/she looked 10 years older than him. Phyllis/Adam with MS and this sexy new Adam would/will be deja vu in that department. 

I can’t complain about Y&R reusing the same set for a restaurant/night club. Have you seen Days of Our Lives, people? Y&R’s production values are nothing to complain about. Yes, the Genoa City Country Club is skimping a little on the Grey Poupon these days, but the budget motel over on NBC Blvd. is just putting yellow food dye in mayo and calling that mustard, so we really can’t complain. 

Edited by juppiter

• Members

I was wondering if the show would improve any with Josh Griffith writing. Today answered my question.

Jill, Billy's MOTHER, isn't included, or even MENTIONED, at Villy's big celebration.

Jill has been written to be their biggest supporter for almost a decade. How can they completely forget about her?

If they can't even remember the basic stuff..............

• Members

I really enjoyed Friday's episode.  Phyllis barging into the Abbott mansion berating the Abbotts for what she sees as their hypocrisy was classic soap!  I'm also liking the possibility of a Jack and Lauren romance.  JG is using TEB more than the last three regimes have.  I really could buy Lauren in the lady of the manor role within the Abbott family. 

Adam and Phyllis teaming up as the town pariahs makes sense.  I like the idea of them working together as allies, not as a romantic pairing, though.  It's interesting how Adam and Sharon are being written as having unresolved feelings, especially since Sharon and Rey are supposed to be "the next big thing."  I think most people agree, SC and JV have no chemistry.  Sharon and Rey are a dud.  Then there is Nick.  I'm not sure what they are doing with him.  He seems to have abandoned his hopes of getting back together with Sharon and is solely focused on going to was with Adam.  Blah!  I might be in the minority, but I like Nick and JM.  Nevertheless, I agree with many other posters that JM does best playing the laid back, soccer dad role.  He and SC have great chemistry and, I think, are a couple to root for.  It would be nice to see one of the Newman kids to be grounded. 

Victoria is just a disaster.  The characters talk about her as being this strong, independent, woman who is a force to be reckoned with, but all we see is a simpering, whiny, indecisive character.  Pairing her will Billy just creates material to be fast-forwarded through.

Kyle and Lola and Mariah and Tessa continue to be boring couples that in no way engender fans to be cheering them on.  I could care less about a tacky apartment's accent wall color or a failed musican's wardrobe concerns.

• Members

I'm to the point that when MS arrives, that might be the end for me.  I truly can't stand the actress and the thought of her as Phyllis makes me shudder.  Gina made Phyllis come alive and I don't want to watch what happens to the character in the future.