Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I totally agree. I really enjoyed amnesiac Adam. I'd like a mixture too and I think Grossman can pull it off. I don't like a one note villain. But I think Grossman can add some layers if they don't exist in the writing. It just seemed like a bit of a cop out to have him suddenly back to this. It paints him right back into a corner as a character (though Victor's been written into a corner and beyond so ...). But we'll see how it develops over time. And yeah, he is sexy. Very good find for Y&R.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I dislike it when Adam hogs up the entire show (as he's sometimes done in the past), but with the current Victoria being such a lifeless sap, I think Adam is an essential character.   I always felt Bell's intention with the Newman kids was to create a fiery Little Female Victor Newman (with Victoria), and a Dimwitted Male Nikki Newman (with Nicholas).   Josh Morrow has lived up to his end of the bargain (playing Nikki's dumb pampered little prince), but the poor girl playing Victoria hasn't been able to generate any "Victor" in her performance because (a) she's an extremely dull actress and (b) she's been given stupid storylines such as making reliquaries out of construction paper.   You really need Adam to fill the Victor gap among the kids.   The Nekkid Heiress can't do it, the brain-dead Frat Boy can't (and shouldn't) do it, and neither can the sleepwalking dullard Victoria.   

Edited by Broderick

• Members

He can have some good moments here and there, but they're very few and far between. He just huffs and puffs now and grits his teeth as he tries to talk. He shines with his on-screen kids though, and always with Sharon Case. Personally I think he went entirely in the crapper paired with shouty Stafford. Not that he was great before that, but I never remember disliking the actor so much on-screen before that pairing.

Heinle personifies "dull as dishwater". Victoria as a character has suffered tremendously with her in the role. The only time I warmed up to her was during the Cane/Juliet stuff and her brief moment as an ice queen (gee, maybe Sally and Kay actually wrote Victoria how she should be and used Heinle's strength .... they also gave me a Cane I could stomach watching). I've always been, to be frank, embarrassed of her Victoria. It's just such a far cry from who Victoria should be. The writing has also been complete trash too, so that doesn't help anything. But Heinle never rises above it or plays it differently. I never disliked her in any other roles. I also resent the "love of her life" is Billy Abbott. Lawd.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

So not looking forward to how obnoxious Phyllis is going to get again once the Red Menace comes back. 

Even when Phyllis is wrong, Gina manages to bring a certain element of class to the character, and strays from flaring her damn hands and consuming the entire scenery 10x over. That is going to be so missed. I think we'll notice even more in the coming months just how much GT did to rehabilitate this character over the past few years. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Me neither. It will be so missed. Stafford is embarrassing. I cringed during her scenes with Jax at Crimson. She was just awful. 

+1

How sad she's played Victoria for 15 years. Meanwhile Heather Tom makes [!@#$%^&*] out of gold on B&B and the lousy writing for Katie. Heinle's always the same. Monotone and looking like she's on the verge of crying. WHAT DO THEY SEE IN HER? Lawd.

Edited by KMan101