Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Young and the Restless had a fan event today, where a lot of the cast was at. Some people posted some videos pics on Twitter:

I thought this one of Loren and Tyler Johnson who plays Theo was amusing.

And a couple of more videos

I don't think hardly any spoilers were revealed. The only thing I saw reported was that:

Please register in order to view this content

But that was it. I do think that Josh may finally give Summer/Theo more of a storyline. From what I've seen of spoilers, I think he will move Summer away from Kyle/Lola's orbit and let Mama Rosales be their main/biggest source of drama.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I watched Y&R for the first time since Nikki's tribute on Friday for obvious reasons. I was actually surprised at how much better the entire structure/pace/dialogue v. MY era.

I've made no secret that I have great love for GT (been a fan since GL), but she was wasted for much of her run as StePhyllis. It was weird, just seeing MS back at Y&R somehow makes it 'complete' for me, so I'll probably check out more frequently. 

I've advocated for a PhAdam pairing for years - it just seems like that coupling would create so much conflict, chaos and great scenes with a multiple characters across the canvas. Of course, it would never last.

Now if MiM shows up as a 'real' character, I fear I'll be a daily viewer. Looking back, the end of Hilary was the end of daily viewing for me. I just adored Mishael and felt she just commanded you to watch. 

• Members

Wouldn't it be wonderful if Kyle were to rediscover his libido and brain, and he were to hook up with Mama Rosales behind Lola's back?  That couple (Kyle & Lola) needs conflict that doesn't involve making him look like Screech from "Saved by the Bell."

Edited by Khan

• Members

I wonder if Josh would at least have Mama Rosales attempt to seduce Kyle. (I don't know if he'd have them actually sleep together.) Or maybe he will have her seduce and end up sleeping with Jack. Or maybe her/Jack just have a mutual attraction early on and end up sleeping together. (And even fall for each other.)

I think that Mama Rosales being romantically involved with Jack in some way is more likely than her doing anything with Kyle. Maybe Kyle/Lola will catch Jack and Mama Rosales (or learn they slept together) right before their wedding. 

Kyle and Lola so boring, that I don't think that really anything can make them interesting as a couple. Though, maybe Mama Rosales could at least be entertaining on her own. And/Or mixing it up/paired with someone like Jack.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Godddd. Maybe they can add him as a regular co-host and then it's been a while since a crossover with B&B so have him do a crossover so that instead of just Y&R he can eat the whole CBS afternoon lineup.

• Members

Mark Grossman came off so charming and even more adorable on The Talk.

Watching today's episode and gawd Joshua Morrow is one shitty actor. And why is Tessa still on this damn show???

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I caught up a few scenes with NuAdam and Original Phyllis. Plus a couple of scenes with Teriah and Devon's sister (?).

I was shocked at how LIFELESS the whole show felt.

The scenes have no crescendo. No tension. No pace. You can't tell the actors have not even rehearsed the script, let alone do the blocking.

It's just a whole lot of people sitting around talking about stuff happening off camera. All the actions is elsewhere. It's being talked about. Compare this to the scenes that are popping up on YT, with 2000's Diane Jenkins plotting her revenge against Victor and you can picture a pretty disheartening scenario.

• Members

I liked the Nick/Victoria scene today where they made up with each other. As well as the scenes with Nick/Victor where they made amends (again).

I thought that Michelle's Phyllis interacting with Summer was okay. They didn't seem to have as strong of a connection as Gina's Phyllis/Summer, but I thought they were okay together. I thought that Hunter did a decent job in that scene where she was expressing Summer's worry and then anger regarding her mother's disappearance and attitude about the situation. I thought on Friday's episode Michelle seemed a little rusty, but on today's show it seemed like was easing back into the role of Phyllis more.

Also, I wonder what Adam's connection to Chance is.

• Members

The Nick and Victoria scenes were so bad. And how EB cried was beyond me...maybe he was crying at how Joshua Morrow acting hasn't approved after all this time. Because JM gave Eric nothing to work with in those emotional scenes.