Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just caught up with this week so far and I'm not even going to get into it again, but I still can't recall an episode without Adam. This is becoming ridiculous...

Onto the non-Adam stuff:

- I've been enjoying Michelle Stafford's return. I was unsure, but she's not at her worst in terms of being over the top and I like that they're taking her one-by-one to reintroduce her to the cast. I enjoyed her most with Summer, Michael and Jack. The one thing I don't like is that she's playing the scenes very happy and light hearted. She was in such a dark place and especially taking over Dark Horse I wish she was more cunning as we know she can be. I'm going to give her some time to settle in, but so far I'm not hating it. I love that Phyllis has her sex appeal back. You can instantly tell just from her wardrobe. It's classic Phyllis. 

- I know many are upset with another health story for Victor, but this is great IMO. I loved the scenes with him apologizing to Nick for their issues and the struggle he's having with his mortality. I hope they continue on this type of path for him instead of having him destroy his family constantly and be the outsider. Either go back to Jack as his adversary or find someone new, but I don't want him mistreating Nick, Victoria or Nikki again. That story is played out and does him a disservice.

- I liked the increased presence for Ana in the past few episodes, but she still isn't doing anything centered around herself. I loved the song with Jett, the tension with Devon and the evolution in her friendship with Mariah and Tessa. She was the highlight of Lola's bacherlorette party. I want more comedy and sex appeal from her. They need to look at Loren Lott's instagram stories and inject that humor and sex appeal into the character. Kyle and Theo shouldn't be able to keep their eyes off of her. She just oozes charisma. On the flip side I'm not sold on Elena and Devon. They're already having so many issues and she has barely left that damn penthouse. She's in DIRE need of an outside relationship. Make her friends with Summer or Mariah or Abby or ANYBODY, but she needs a perspective of her own. Existing only as Devon's love interest doesn't work because she isn't developed enough. 

- I dreaded Kevin's return more than anyone, but I actually enjoy him. I'm getting 2004 flashbacks and I like this darker and shifty Kevin. I don't feel like this is long term either which is making it easier to stomach. One thing Josh Griffith has done well is consistently give Michael and Lauren screentime. I feel like they're in the process of building a slow burn for Lauren and Jack which could be fire. This is the first time I've been interested in Lauren in YEARS. I just wish they hadn't resolved her issues with Traci. She could use a rival.

- With Cane and Traci, I'm excited to see where it goes now that her book is done. Now that they've truly kissed I'm curious where they go from here. I'm still keeping an open mind here mainly due to the amount of time since Traci has had a storyline.

• Members

I wish that the show would do more with Ana. It feels like Josh is determined to give her the least amount of stuff to work with. She should be on more and interacting with more people. And she should go on a date with a guy, even a dayplayer guy, to show that she has more of a social life. 

The show should try and flesh out Elena more and have her interact with more people. I agree that they are giving her and Devon too much conflict too soon, without really developing the character. It reminds me a bit of Kyle/Lola, though it's not fully the same thing. And Elena is nowhere near as annoying as Lola is. (Though, I didn't care for how she acted when Devon paid off her loans)

I do wonder where they go with Cane and Traci. Jack seemed a bit concerned today when he witnessed how excited Traci was on the phone talking to Cane. I do think he may be concerned that Traci has feelings for Cane and will get hurt. Maybe they will write it, so that Cane may end up reciprocating Traci's feelings. And I liked seeing Jack show Traci some appreciation and support. She is always the one trying to uplift her family members, it was nice seeing Jack let her know how much he appreciates her/valuable she is.

Also, I enjoyed Esther reuniting with Chloe on today's show. Those were nice scenes. I'm glad that Esther knows that her daughter is really alive now.

Edited by xtr

• Members

On my fifth episode after lapsing for months, what an unexpected surprise to watch Esther learn the truth. I really hated that Kevin 'knew,' while Esther suffered the same pain as Chloe losing Delia. It was incredibly twisted and a huge misstep in not understanding what a mother will do to protect her child. Esther would've never revealed the secret.  

• Members

I didn't really care for the "intervention" that Nate/Ana did for Devon today regarding his grief. I thought they came across as bit too forceful, especially Ana. She was grabbing up Hilary's pictures and actually seemed annoyed after Devon mentioned that he watched the GC Buzz videos. I didn't care for some of her behavior in those scenes. Nate didn't have an attitude, but I still didn't care those scenes and thought they came across too pushy when it came to helping Devon deal with his grief. I can understand they are concerned he's not taking his medication or seeing his therapist. But it felt like they were trying to make him move at faster pace than he's ready to go at. 

Also, I liked the Phyllis/Sharon scenes today. I do think that Phyllis was actually right when she said that Sharon wanted Adam. Sharon is acting like she wants Adam, with the way she kept going on about how good of a person he seemed in Vegas, etc... I do wonder where this will leave Rey. Rey isn't really doing a whole lot right now as a character. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I actually like him, lol. I would definitely keep him over Lola, who I think is the worst Rosales family member. But it does feel like he's becoming more of an afterthought. He hasn't been shown or doing much lately, except for working for Nick, confronting Adam a little and having a some love scenes with Sharon. I wonder what the writers may end up doing with him, especially since Josh is having Sharon act like she still wants Adam. 

I think that Sharon is acting like she's attracted/wants Adam, and is now using Rey as a distraction for her feelings for Adam.  I do wonder where Rey will land should Sharon admit to her feelings for Adam. If GT's Phyllis were stick around, I think you could have put him with her. And her Phyllis actually thought he was sexy and was calling him stuff like Detective Handsome/Detective Sexy. But now that MS's Phyllis is around I don't see that happening especially since her Phyllis today mentioned how boring she found him. 

• Members

I tuned in for 5 minutes to see the T=Rex Adam still devouring the show.  I'm sick of this show since he returned.  Where is Christian anyway?  Everyone talks about who should have custody but he's nowhere to be seen.  And he doesn't even know Adam.  The writing is really really sloppy, although most people on here say they love it.  Between flipping back and forth between Y&R and the Eastborne Tournament I saw Adam saying something to Nick about having evidence that he impersonated JT, and what would the court think of that?  LOLLLLL.  Why don't they have Nick say, well what would a Court say about you running over a little girl and driving off?  Or telling me I should be the Father, and dying off, and found alive being mindless for 2 years and gambling it up in Vegas?

Slop.  This show like I said before has become The Adam and the Restless.  Can we get a DAY without him?  

And in the minority - but I like the Tracy/Cane stuff.  People never question when a nearly 80 year old wrinkled butt Victor beds a 30 year old.  Eric Braeden and Melody are further apart in age than Maitland and Goddard.