Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously.  DG better be careful.  If CK isn't interested in returning to the show full-time, then he just might play himself right out of a job.

What I wouldn't give to see on daytime a sexually fluid villain who uses sex as a means to an end.  We were there, briefly, with CE's Adam before his homophobic fit.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Oh that's disappointing of Daniel Goddard. I'm not sure what his obsession with Lane is. When SSM split them up he had more screentime that he's ever gotten and he immediately went back to the backburner when they got back together. Then they tried to put him with Victoria and he complained. Now they're putting him with Traci in a well received story and he's STILL complaining, even though he's the only member of his family still on the show! Does he not realize he's making it easier for them to write him out? Regardless, I want Lily back recast so hopefully they get rid of him before she returns. She deserves a fresh start.

• Members

The fact that he's manged to survive this many regimes and even outlast Khalil is insane. Now that she's gone he's not going to be able to keep using the nutso Lane base as blackmail so he should tread a little more carefully.

I agree @Chris B Lily should absolutely be recast. I'd call Davetta Sherwood, get Michael Graziadei back on a recurring basis and try Lily and Daniel again. The twins should also still be on the canvas. Didn't care for Mattie but Charlie was growing into a decent young lead so them vanishing like they have right after Neil's funeral is ridiculous.

• Members

The one time Goddard/Cane got a meaty, interesting story true to his actual character (under Sally Sussman) he raised holy hell. If the Traci thing is getting positive feedback and he's doing it again that says it all. Kill him.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Did Daniel Goddard complain pretty strongly about being paired with AH/Victoria? I had heard some rumblings and saw a blind item, maybe indicating he wasn't thrilled with the pairing. But it did seem at one point, he might have been okay with it. Either way though he needs to embrace this pairing with Traci, IMO.

When Cane and Victoria were fighting their attraction to each other Cane/DG was on 14 episodes in the month of January. (And that was the most he has been on all year so far). After his storyline with Victoria dropped he was only on ONE episode in each of the months of February and March. The twins who were on contract then were also only on one episode for each of those months.

As soon as Cane was removed from Victoria's orbit and a potential pairing for her, his character was barely used. And that was with the twins still on canvas. With them gone now and the show not mentioning Sam, he won't even have the single father angle to fall on for a storyline. He could very well go back to one episode a month or worse, if the show moves away from this potential pairing with Traci.

• Members

I just feel like at this point Goddard is one of those things that will never go away.....Even when Maria tried to kill him off several years ago, she bought him back right away for that godawful twin stuff, not to mention Genie Francis biting Tristan Roger's lip.

Someone on the show has given him a protective shield. 

• Members

Agree.  Either Steve Kent loves the guy, or Angelica McDaniel does.

The thing is, most actors would welcome increased airtime, which is exactly what DG is getting with this potential new relationship with Traci.  Yet, he's stirring up the Lane fanbase...even though Lily's in jail, and CK's not on-contract with the show.  I don't get it.