Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm pretty sure you've been here long enough to know that the main thing we do around these parts is bitch. If you're tired of reading it pivot the discussion to something you do like about the show and I'm sure other people will chime in, but posts like your last two do nothing but keep the cycle going (I say this as a poster who's been in a similar boat through more than a few unpopular regimes).

• Members

I liked today's show. 

I liked the scenes with Jack/Phyllis. I thought they were entertaining. I don't want Summer to be friends with Lola, and I do believe that her making that speech was difficult for her. But I hope that after declaring that she is willing to co-exist with Lola, she can now move on and have more of her own storylines that don't involve her fighting (and losing) to Lola over Kyle.

I was glad to see Ana act giddy with that handsome waiter at the Lola's bridal shower. That was cute I wish that the show would give Ana a man:

They could keep one of these men around so they can give Ana a love interest. Preferably either guy on the end, lol.

Also, Eva LaRue looks just about the same. I do believe that Celeste will be the main person causing drama for Kyle and Lola now. She (like Summer) will be used to try and make this couple interesting. But I don't think it will work. Though maybe she will be interesting on her own or interacting with other people that aren't them.

And it looks like Theo may end up getting a backstory. It was nice to see him fleshed out a bit more today. It sounds like something bad has happened in his and Kyle's past that Theo doesn't like brought up. Maybe it happened when they were in New York together. I am interested in finding out what it was and I think that may explain Kyle's hesitancy to be thrown a bachelor party by Theo. I think that something wild will happen at the bachelor party that Theo throws and that will cause problems with Kyle/Lola. I could also see Celeste disapproving of what happens and that causing problems for Kyle/Lola too.

And I wonder what Cane/Traci will end up saying to each other after they have kissed for real now. I do think that Cane mainly kissed her out of gratitude, and that he's still harboring feelings for Lily. I think that Traci may feel more regarding the kiss. I do like Cane/Traci together, but I don't want to see it be mostly one-sided and Traci be hurt by that.

• Members

I guess with MS back ...Phyliss and Lauren's friendship is over with. Shame since I enjoyed it when GT was in the role.

Had to LOL at Lauren saying...what was that...with Phyliss over the top acting...lol

The shirtless men at the party were hot!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I would really like to believe that this is Victor's swan song, like they did with Cassie.

Stafford admittedly has been coming off quiet annoyingly. Gina also had her annoying tics too at times, but she was more subdued which I appreciated. Give me Sandra Nelson back and I'm here for it

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

No, Victor can't die

Please register in order to view this content

EB's 40th anniversary on Y&R is a little over 7 months away; he deserves to have that milestone celebrated on the Monday February 10, 2020 episode.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I have to agree. I gave it a chance because I love Maitland, too, but it doesn’t work at all. I don’t dislike Daniel Goddard, either, so he’s not the reason.

They don’t have chemistry, and there’s no spark. I hate the “Feel sorry for Traci until Daniel realizes he LIKES her!” writing. The black and white scenes were novel until the accents went all over the place and the story was banal and boring. The novel Traci finished? Lousy. I know I’d never buy it, and Cane sweetly saying “Incredible” was absurd. I just have zero interest in them as a couple.

Traci works better as the emotional center of the family, the glue that pulls everyone together when things start to fray. She works better as someone we want to find love but doesn’t. It happens, you know.

if Josh Griffith is wise — and I have my doubts — he’ll end this mess sooner rather than later,and I mean the whole romantic element. It doesn’t work.