Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I do wonder what the connection is. Especially since a spoiler from tomorrow's show says that:

Please register in order to view this content

I wonder if the secret is something that Adam finds embarrassing  and doesn't want people to know about. I have seen some speculation from people that maybe when he was living in Vegas with his amnesia, Adam was helping out law enforcement. Maybe Adam was some type of informant to Chance/law enforcement, while he was in Vegas. Maybe even when he was gambling/interacting with gamblers. Could Adam (now after regaining his memory) be embarrassed that he was actually some type of informant? And now he doesn't want to viewed as a "snitch", lol. Maybe he doesn't want people to know about that including some people he gambled with in the past.

Granted that may not be the case, but that is a theory, I've seen people propose. Other than that, I'm not sure what it could be. Could Chance have gone dark for some reason? He was a good guy, but maybe something caused him to go dark. And Adam is involved with that somehow.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Watched Monday and Tuesday's Phyllis scenes...biggest thing I miss about Gina is her unpredictability. You never could tell how she was going to play a scene so it always made her fun to watch (I know some people found her to be OTT with this but I loved it)

With MS you can predict every tic laden choice. You know when she's going to give you the fake gasp for air, the smirk, the awkward slimy walk up, etc. Its just all so run of the mill. So far she's not bringing anything to the table that makes this cast change worth it IMO. I agree that her scene with Summer was awkward but HK and Gina didn't really develop any chemistry till HK's last run so I'll give her a pass on that but yeah I wish Gina was still here.

• Members

Lifeless? Sorry, I disagree vehemently. I thought the show was excellent, start to finish. The actors haven’t even rehearsed? I don’t know what you’re talking about.

I think the Summer/Phyllis scene was awkward because Summer had 80% of the dialogue. Phyllis didn’t want to tell her she was kidnapped, so she was close- mouthed while Summer rambled. I didn’t see any awkwardness between the actors.

• Members

Well, it looks like we won't be getting that sh!t Phyllis/Nick pairing anytime soon. Nick kicks Phyllis out of his house in tomorrow's US episode and tells her he'll never believe a word she says. LOL! Phyllis also gives no f.ucks about becoming CEO of Dark Horse to stick it to Nick. 

I know Griffith was never a fan of this crap couple, regardless of who is playing Phyllis. So glad if we have to have Stafford back, it's not for that sh!t pairing. 

• Members

Well.considering that characters motivations seem to turn on a dime,Nick/Phyllis could be happening within a month.

Didn't we see Nick vowing to never accept Victor...he set up Dark Horse to avenge his father and now all is forgiven.

Love how Adam can get a company and penthouse in a matter of days.

• Members

They seem to be going in very heavy with a Phyllis/Adam dynamic. I don’t know if it will turn sexual/romantic, but that seems to be the dominant Phyllis relationship on the show and with Stafford back.

Then again, Adam is never off and almost all characters lead back to him right now...