Jump to content
kalbir

Y&R May 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Is it just me or is Y&R isn't bad or isn't good at the moment, but kind of in the middle of those two categories. 

 

Why is Abby Newman standing around playing hostess in the restaurant she owns everyday? I doubt Heiress Paris Hilton sits around her stores or other businesses she has overseas on a daily/nightly basis. I would've preferred if somehow Abby became CEO of Jabot instead of Jack this time. She could've had people thinking "The Naked Heiress" couldn't run a company, let alone tie her own shoes. Nonetheless, it turns out she does better than what Jack,  Billy, and Kyle can do. I'm not a fan of most rich young characters working/running restaurants/nightclubs. 

Edited by Forever8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a fan of Kyle but he looks so slimy with the way he is flaunting his affair with Lola in front of Summer's face. And now he's doing it in front of their business contacts. He's coming across as intentionally trying to rub salt in Summer's wound and hurt her. Summer looked so embarrassed and uncomfortable when he was bragging about Lola being his girlfriend.He should call her what she really is his mistress. Nobody has called Lola out for being a mistress. Kyle's behavior doesn't do him any favors since he claimed to care about Summer and be her friend. 

 

The propping of Lola has gotten way out of hand. It's bad enough that vets and legacy characters prop her and now they are bringing on dayplayers just to prop her. Theo's guest Nazanin met her for a few seconds and claimed that she loved her and wanted a picture. The propping for Lola is cringeworthy. 

 

Abby also looks ridiculous and is acting like Lola's bodyguard. She is way too obsessed with Lola and Kyle's love life and Lola in general. She has been following Lola around this week. It's weird. And I while I can understand why she's angry at Arturo, barking at him every time she sees him, even when he's not there to see her is doing too much. Lola should have also directed more of her anger at Rey, considering he is the one who jumpstarted the cover up of her attack. Arturo is getting the bulk of the blame/everyone's anger, but Rey knew about the attack first and enlisted Arturo's help to cover it up. But Rey isn't getting nearly as much anger directed towards him as Arturo is.

 

Also, I think that Summer and this first Theo have some chemistry. He's really young looking and has a "Jonas brother in their early days" type of look about him. But I like his laid back attitude. I wonder if the second Theo will be as laid back.

 

And Summer mentioned that Phyllis should go work for Eric Forrester in LA on today's show. I don't know if anything will come of that mention, but I did like hearing the Bold and the Beautiful mentioned. 

 

 

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darn said:

That's trendy? It sounds like some place old people go to have cocktails.

 

Except, even many old people would say, "Nah, you know that place ain't on and poppin' with a name like that!".

51 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Why is Abby Newman standing around playing hostess in the restaurant she owns everyday? I doubt Heiress Paris Hilton sits around her stores or other businesses she has overseas on a daily/nightly basis. I would've preferred if somehow Abby became CEO of Jabot instead of Jack this time. She could've had people thinking "The Naked Heiress" couldn't run a company, let alone tie her own shoes. Nonetheless, it turns out she does better than what Jack,  Billy, and Kyle can do. I'm not a fan of most rich young characters working/running restaurants/nightclubs. 

 

At the very least, Abby should be attempting to launch her signature line under the Jabot banner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

Except, even many old people would say, "Nah, you know that place ain't on and poppin' with a name like that!".

 

At the very least, Abby should be attempting to launch her signature line under the Jabot banner.

 

I agree, she should be doing something for Jabot. (Especially after leaving Newman Enterprises and Dark Horse.) But instead they got her working at Society, where she spends a lot of time gossiping with Lola, acting like a bodyguard for Lola, trashing her own niece, and barking at Arturo. (With a few minutes of interacting with handsome Nate mixed in).

 

I am fan of Abby, but I have annoyed by her behavior as of late, especially when she's interacting with Lola. Her interaction with Lola drags her down and she comes across as Lola's fan girl/bodyguard. Hopefully, she will be around Lola less, when she starts to interact with Nate more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^It should be fairly obvious who Y&R is messaging with that Twitter post.  Someone acknowledging where a lot of their most consistently loyal ratings have come from, which makes that ridiculous post from Monday look even more ridiculous-

but I won't mention any names.:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

^^It should be fairly obvious who Y&R is messaging with that Twitter post.  Someone acknowledging where a lot of their most consistently loyal ratings have come from, which makes that ridiculous post from Monday look even more ridiculous-

but I won't mention any names.:ph34r:

 

Those are characters who the show should definitely be writing for more. They are appealing and I think that show needs to realize that and feature them more.

 

Also, I read that Hunter King's show Life In Pieces has been cancelled. Maybe that means she will stick around on Y&R longer this time. 

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, xtr said:

 

Those are characters who the show should definitely be writing for more. They are appealing and I think that show needs to realize that and feature them more.

 

Also, I read that Hunter King's show Life In Pieces has been cancelled. Maybe that means she will stick around on Y&R longer this time. 

 

Yet there are people on this messageboard (again, I won't mention any names but that thread is glaringly obvious) who pretend not to understand why some viewers are disenchanted with the lack of quality storylines and should just somehow accept crumbs onscreen.

 

Loren Lott has been on for more than a minute, no?  Why has she not even been on a date yet?  I understand that Mariah has been wasted as well but we can't say that she has never been on dates.  She's been in relationships, even those that were flops. 

The idea that this gorgeous actress has yet to be in an actual romantic situation on a soap opera is baffling!  I can't say that I'm confident that nuNuNate will be utilized properly but you all will have to let me know if that changes with this new actor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Yet there are people on this messageboard (again, I won't mention any names but that thread is glaringly obvious) who pretend not to understand why some viewers are disenchanted with the lack of quality storylines and should just somehow accept crumbs onscreen.

 

Loren Lott has been on for more than a minute, no?  Why has she not even been on a date yet?  I understand that Mariah has been wasted as well but we can't say that she has never been on dates.  She's been in relationships, even those that were flops. 

The idea that this gorgeous actress has yet to be in an actual romantic situation on a soap opera is baffling!  I can't say that I'm confident that nuNuNate will be utilized properly but you all will have to let me know if that changes with this new actor.

 

It's sad that Ana hasn't been on a date, or even been flirted with by anybody not even a dayplayer. Fen told her she looked great one time, but she really hasn't gotten a lot of compliments or been asked out by anybody. They are wasting her character and I am very concerned about what they will do with her regarding her storyline with Mariah/Tessa. I could her coming out in a very losing situation with that storyline.

 

New Nate is really handsome and sexy. Hopefully, they will use him more as he ramps up his pursuit of Abby.

 

Elena is pretty and seems sweet, but she needs to be fleshed out more. They did tell us a little more about her mother, but I think they should have her go back and continue her residency. She can do that in Genoa City. She seems a bit cooped up in the penthouse and should be interacting with more people.

 

Jett hasn't been shown much since they introduced him. They could use him more and have him interact with some of the older characters on the show. He could run into Traci, or even Jill or somebody.

 

Devon is the only one they are at least somewhat writing for right now. 

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xtr said:

I really like this picture:

 

 

 

These people are absolutely beautiful...and talented. Also fresh characters with 3 being connected to core. They could do almost anything. Yet, they do next to nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mentioned this in the spoiler thread the other day, but I will also mentioned it here as well. I am liking the New Adam so far. I thought he made a solid impression in his debut episode today. He has a naturalness about him, and I think he's kind of sexy. He does look like Victor's youngest son and Nick and Victoria's significantly younger brother.  I don't know if he's faking amnesia or not, but it would be nice if he wasn't and he could have more of a clean slate, (like some of us suggested).They can still acknowledge his history and give him somewhat of an edge, but he doesn't have to be vile like he was in the past. I am actually looking forward to seeing how he plays against the rest of his family and other characters in GC. Also, his family overall seemed pretty upset that he was alive.

 

And Kyle and Lola continue to be toxic and boring. They were extra boring today. Once again, on today's show Kyle didn't seem to care about being ambitious when it comes to his career. Even Lola mentioned to him about how he used to care about Jabot, because even she can sense, he doesn't care about it as much as he should. Yet he brushed that off and acted like his career wasn't that important. I believe that the show keeps inserting Summer into their scenes because they are boring on their own. But they are still boring even when she's inserted into their scenes.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

New Adam is pretty natural and has a lot of charisma in his first episode, and yeah, he's hot.

 

I don't see any sexual/romantic chemistry with Sharon Case though...

 

I didn't really see any either. I thought their interaction came across as two people that may have admired each other at some point. But I didn't see much in the way of chemistry between them.I don't know if they will try and put him and Sharon back together. Maybe they might do that or try and reunite him with a returning Chelsea. I think they may have to move him around canvas a bit to see who he may spark with. I would test him with a younger woman/a woman close to his age.

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...