Y&R May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Tuesday's US episode is a perfect example of why Tognoni will be missed in this role. The way she laid into both Nick and Jack in separate scenes was executed perfectly - Stafford often diverted to flaring her her damn hands and uncontrollable yelling in scenes like that.

Tognoni brought a certain level of class to this otherwise trashed up character that often made her likable, even when Phyllis was clearly wrong, and that's all going to go away now. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Amelia Heinle posted a pic with Gina saying she missed her already. A bunch of people commented saying this sucks and she shouldn't be replaced and Josh Griffith liked a bunch of those comments. Umm, I'm confused. Wasn't he partly responsible for this?

Anyway, the outpouring of love for Tognoni from her fellow castmates has been super sweet (and honestly a little shady to a returning MS on some of their parts).

Sharon Case and Eileen seem REALLY upset about Gina leaving.

Since she stopped taping last week I assume her last airdate is around the first week of June.

And speaking of being shady on Twitter Mal Young immediately signed back on to be messy after winning that Emmy

Edited by Vizion

• Members

They stepped up and we got Maria Arena Bell. No one listens to the Bell family now. IMO didn't they lose their leverage basically? (And Sussman/Alden were meh and lots of folks trashed them, when, in hindsight ...)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

People also fail to realize that none of Bell's children love this show or have the passion for it that he did. Y&R was basically his other child - hell it's engraved on his tombstone, lol. 

Bill Bell, Jr. signed off on many of Latham's changes, and hired his wife. LOOK where both of those eras got us. The Bell's still profit heavily from this show, but after the MAB era,  Sony/CBS probably assume they're better off with keeping them passively rather than actively part of the show. 

Lee Philip Bell still shows up to every Y&R celebration, but that's probably more of a publicity thing than anything else. 

I do find this funny though - Lauralee Bell has appeared more in the post-MAB era of the show than she did when her sister-in-law was there. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

On yesterday's show, I dldn't like how Kyle/Lola continued to flaunt their affair in Summer's face. I also didn't like how Kyle and Lola reverting back to the same toxic behavior they had going on before they broke up again. I didn't like seeing Kyle ask her permission to go on a business trip for his own's family's company. 

On today's show I thought that Sharon telling Rey about how Adam helped her deal with her mental illness were decent scenes.

And I wonder if they will end up pairing Cane/Traci romantically. She was acting pretty happy with him today. She was opening up to him and venting about her frustrations about how Jack/Ashley are fighting and laughing quite a bit with Cane. Both them seemed like they were enjoying each's other company.  I wonder if they will just keep them friends that grow closer or if they will actually try and pair them romantically. 

Also, I thought that Cane's black and white fictional alter ego Flynn was kind of cheesy, lol. 

And I was glad to see Elena open up a little more. It definitely looks like Devon will continue to struggle with his grief of losing Hilary and the baby and will continue to see visions of her as he tries to move on with Elena. 

• Members

Yeah we've seen large age differences, lol. Including very recently (Jack/Kerry) a pairing I liked.

I don't know if they would pair them romantically, but I wonder... They were laughing/enjoying each's other company quite a bit today. I thought there was an interesting vibe going on there.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I love Traci Abbott too much to watch her get sucked in by the Aussie Con Artist. Perhaps either Jett or maybe if they have Traci become a literature professor at GCU she can become romantically linked to the father one of her promising students or the President of the University.