Y&R May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

It was an awful read. They are nuts.

And last I checked, someone named Victoria Rowell and Drucilla Winters is hands down far more iconic.

This whole move to replace Gina with Michelle was bizarre. Gina struggled initially as Phyllis but she ultimately ended up really giving the woman layers. Unfortunately at the end of the day, Michelle IS Phyllis whether we like it or not, even though Gina made the role her own and they truly did her dirty. Truly truly truly did her dirty.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly.

I can't fault Y&R for bringing back the immensely popular original actor as Phyllis. I do think how they handled it is very poor. And if it was me I would've seriously thought twice about switching the actors, because IMO once Stafford is embedded again she is going to be up to her same old nonsense. Gina just comes in and works hard, and I think most of the audience had accepted her.

Careful, you've been flying under the radar for months. Let's not get shadowbanned again.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Glad to hear from Josh Griffith that Phyllis is gonna be "everything I know and love." 

Please register in order to view this content

Since I can barely stand her version of Phyllis, I'm not quite sure what that means. 

• Members

Stafford simply doesn’t and can’t exhibit the same depth and warmth as Gina. I realize watching MS as Nina on GH has given me a negative opinion of her, but I can’t see falling in love with her Phyllis. I also can’t forget Stafford’s last months at Y&R with her acting tics, constant repetition of lines, and general nastiness.

Gina Tognoni was SCREWED.

And now the question is whether Josh and Tony (who are apparently tone deaf) do the same thing to Jason Thompson, firing him to bring back Billy Miller.