Y&R May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Uh, the underlined, I will hold onto for we all know when✌. I agree bout AHs Vicki, she is nothing like the character was or should be   That bein gtg said, imho, it is in character for Victor to want one of his sons to carry on his business legacy, but the writers have Vicki just settling instead of being proactive, sad!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why does Adam need half a billion dollars to start a new life? I’m enjoying nuAdam but it’s really starting to bug me that the growth he did under Justin Hartley is completely gone and ignored.

I fast forward all Kyle/Lola and Sharon/Rey scenes.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

We’re doing this again? We’ve been here before. I’m not a troll because I disagree with another poster. I’m not lecturing when I disagree with you or anybody else.

No one said you can’t like who you want to like, and I really don’t care if you post multiple times per day about how much you hate Amelia Heinle. Go for it. 

I dont need need to give it a rest. Don’t like my posts? Scroll on by or block me. No one forces you to read my posts and then rant because I offend you.

PREACH all you want. No one is stopping you. 

• Members

I haven't watched since Adam came out of his amnesia and wanted $500 million, Christian, and demand Chelsea and Connor.  He suddenly wants Christian?  The kid wouldn't know who the hell Adam/Dad even is.   I didn't LOVE new new new Adam but I thought I could kind of like him when he had amnesia.  After those demands - hate him for sure.  Made no sense.  Mariah/Camryn Grimes could be good but her and Tessa are a snooze fest.  Don't care about whether Tessa can sing/write music or not.  Also don't like what they have done with Devon being the overnight Music Producer or Ana being the weird Stylist that picks out cartoonish awful clothes and claim to know what the industry wants.  Tessa ain' no Madonna nor Gaga - CLEARLY.  It's just stupid.   The rest - just don't even know. 

• Members

I've started to fast forward  (Kyle/Lola and Sharon/Rey scenes) too because they're annoying me.

Why are there so many of them? Does anyone know?  Especially the Kyle and Lola ones?  Cane/Lily and Billy/Victoria have these scenes every so often but not everyday.

If they are trying to make me like them by sheer volume it backfired.  Cease & desist Y&R!

Edited by cattykittens

• Members

Kyle and Lola are so boring together. They are not interesting together and they are not sexy. No matter how many love scenes they get. I feel bad for MM that he gets to play dull material like Kyle struggling to build a bookcase to appease Lola. I wish he would get better material and a better pairing.

I did like seeing him pry himself away from her a little today and go and be with his family. I liked his scenes with Dina. Speaking of Dina I wonder when we may see her again. With her being sent to the care home we may not see her again. Or if we do it may be few and far between. I thought we got some emotional scenes when the family was saying goodbye to her day. Especially from Traci. Beth Maitland often does a good job of showcasing any sadness/emotion Traci is feeling. I felt for Traci today when she was worrying about Dina.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. I liked seeing more flashbacks of Neil with his family and friends. I like that his family got most of his monetary assets, including Lily, the twins and Moses. I also thought he left his friends some nice sentimental gifts. I thought that Nikki's reactions to the gifts he gave her (the Atlas and the Bible) were touching. She really did care about Neil and the way he helped her try to regain her sobriety. 

I also liked that Nate will get a seat on the board of directors on Hamilton-Winters.  I don't know that much will come of that, (outside of Neil mostly wanting to look out for him) but I do like that he will have a place in the family business. I also liked that Jack referred to Nate as his Neil's nephew. We really haven't heard anyone refer to him as that since, Brooks Darnell came to town. He been mainly referred to as Neil's Godson (which Lily also called him today).

Devon did seem a bit surprised that Neil gave him some stipulations. Not very upset or anything but a bit surprised. Maybe even a little taken aback by that. I wonder what will happen going forward. Maybe he's just surprised and not much will come of that. 

When I first read the spoilers for today's show that said that Cane would get nothing but forgiveness, I thought it sounded kind of amusing. But I actually thought it played out in a kind of touching way. Plus Cane looked like he was genuinely touched when he it was revealed that Neil had financially provided for the twins. 

I am glad that Devon made Ana the co-head of LP, but I wonder if she will end up clashing with Mariah more. With Mariah telling Sharon today she is thinking about stepping away from GC Buzz, I could actually see her trying to work for the  music industry. I haven't heard any spoilers about this, but I could see Mariah deciding to manage Tessa's career and maybe even Devon hiring her to work in the music department of Hamilton-Winters. I could see her clashing with Ana more if that happens. I do believe they will have more scenes together. That's not the type of storyline I want for Ana but I could see it happening.