Y&R May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Adam's return only highlights how problematic Amelia Heinle's stint as Victoria has been. Y&R continues to want to write for the actress, as opposed to the character and it's totally diluted that character to being a weak, weepy, and petulant piece of sh!t. I can't tell you how annoying it's been to to see Victoria and others say how ruthless Adam is in business and how he's truly Victor's successor - it's a total betrayal of the foundation Bill Bell laid with Heather Tom's Victoria, who was supposed to be as ruthless as her father and Victor's true successor. 

Y&R is now partly afraid of a stronger Victoria because it kills the narrative they've built with Adam - MAB and her cronies are to blame for establishing this, but it's continued on ever since. 

• Members

The character she established didn’t however. The fact that Victoria is such a weak mess and is written to be inferior to Adam in business is disheartening and is a total rewrite of the character to suit Heinle’s limitations.

Victoria was once a very complex character, but the only thing anyone remembers about her now is a terrible relationship with Billy (which does no favors to either character) and her daddy’s girl routine with Victor. Adam’s return only highlights how irrelevant she’s become. Nick, less so, as he was never as dynamic of a character.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

God ... PREACH!!!!

I will never accept Heinle's Victoria.

Maybe give the lecturing a rest.

We can like and want whoever we want in the role and I will continue to post how awful Heinle's version is. She is NOTHING like how Victoria should be. Maybe you don't know how Victoria should be so maybe YOU should give it a rest?

Heinle's Victoria is an embarrassment to the character. You're right, Tom's been gone since 2003 and I *still* want her back. What does that say? You don't. That's fine. But stop telling us we can't talk about it.

Give me a break. You don't get to tell us what we can and can't talk about. If you don't like it, I don't really care. Just makes me want to post more about it.

Please register in order to view this content

Again.

PREACH.

Ignore the troll.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Catching Up On Yesterday's Episode! 

You would think if he loved and missed his family so much, that Adam would find the right connections to seek where his beloved Chelsea and Connor are currently located? Makes no sense at all to me!!! 

Victoria is once again being written as some passive woman drives me crazy! She should tell Victor it's me or baby bro which is it father? Why are we also being subjected to her and Billy's romance again? BM has been out of that role and she and JT have no romantic chemistry either. 

This Kyle/Summer/Lola triangle is the pits! I wanted Summer to be pregnant and had Kyle be torn between spending his life with Lola or feeling obligated to stay with the mother of his unborn child. I mean what if Kyle doesn't want the baby not to grow up without his father like he did for most of him growing up. 

All in Josh and Co. needs to add some spice in their cooking or it's going to be another search for a new headwriter by Thanksgiving again. And we know the rotating circus would find it's way back to Chuck Pratt and we've already been through his hell. 

• Members

But Twitter defends Josh's boring. Apparently we can't be critical of it being boring because that means we want plotty Pratt or destructive Mal. No. There can be a nice balance. Griffith is lackluster and basic and a stopgap.

Why can't we find the right balance between character and excitement?

The Kyle/Lola/Summer thing fizzled immediately as Josh took over. Not surprised. And fans who stanned Kyle have already turned on him thanks to the terrible writing. This crap is how you lose talented younger actors. I really dislike Lola. I think the actress would do much better playing someone more bitchy. She isn't working. They need to cut their losses.

Agreed on Victoria, and agreed Heinle and Thompson have no chemistry. Funny how Heinle has no problem with Thompson but basically revolted when David Tom returned to the role.

I'm not here for Traci propping Cane but I feel bad the crazy Lane stans are harassing Beth Maitland.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

At the very least, they could take my advice from before and (gradually) turn Lola into a more vixenish character.  Have her lose Kyle and decide nothing like that will ever happen to her again.

• Members

Lola has been dull as dishwater from day one. This boring moving in together crap just makes me cringe. Time for an organ rejection/funeral for her boring ass. Also, how does the executive chef of a trendy restaurant/nightclub, etc. have so much free time? She always has time off.  

Can this sudden stalker please kill Tessa?   Asking for all my friends....

I like Mark Grossman, but I'm not here for Adam's return bringing back characters that were all played out (Chelsea, Kevin, Chloe). Griffith is writing Sharon like she was written before Sally salvaged her. She and Rey don't seem like endgame, no matter how much the music cues tell us they should.  

It was nice to see Faith, and not SORAS-ing her is a good thing. Alyvia Lind is growing up in front of us naturally. I'm glad Faith isn't out clubbing and partying in Belize.......

What is the purpose of Dark Horse?  Ugly sets at a company that lost it's employees (Jack, Abby, Arturo). Time for Jill to arrange a take-over and melt it into the company that should be front and center. Or just drop it. Nick is at his best as a dad. 

I don't mind Jack falling for Lauren, who he has history with..... and her history with Traci could make it interesting..... 

NuNate is much more charismatic than Grandma Nate. I'd like to see him interacting with more of the cast. I'd also like to see a scene with Ashley during one of her visits, since his mom is her best friend.

Y&R  needs to find a way to bring Mishael back into the fold. They also need to stop "island-ing" the Winters and keep them interacting with the rest of town. Most of Devon's scenes(and Elena's, and Ana's) are in that penthouse. 

As many have said, Griffith needs a co-head writer to balance him. 

• Members

I know what I'm talking about - 4 million or 3.9 million might watch the show but they're not buying this book.  This show might be #1 rated but it's God Awful.  Even the old people are turning it off.  I'm a 49 year old Male - so I'm Male so I never counted anyway - doesn't matter.   It's #1 because everyone else is awful.  How on God's Green Earth did Amelie win Best Actress in the Emmy?  Because everything sucks.  On every show.  So they have to pick someone to win so I guess Y&R is the best because they suck the least.  These people and these shows will go down in history as the "Best".  And they completely absolutely suck.  For about the last 10 years.  Bring on 1 or 2 more hours of "The Talk" for me. CBS should steal the rights to "The Chew".  Or have their own cooking show rather than Y&R and B&B.  I'd rather watch that than this mess.  I love when the Grand Slam Tennis tournaments are on because then I don't have to look for something else to watch other than 3 day old Wendy or The Real Shows.  And the networks are not doing anything about it other than recycle writers, production, actors/actresses, same storylines, cheap sets, etc. 

I will get grilled for this, but at least Guiding Light on its death bed had actors/actresses that you LIKED.  I don't like anyone on Y&R or B&B right now...that's why I watch once or twice a week.  I don't like the people, and they're not my family the way that other shows were.  I don't think anyone can fix it either.  No one will make me love Nikki when she's a needy desperate woman who has to have a man, no one will make me like Victor when he's just a nasty manipulative man who does things for absolutely no reason and his accent gets more awful over the years.  Paul, who used to be nice is now an awful crotchety old man.  Cricket who was just forced into our faces because she's a Bell.  MORE MORE MORE MORE ADAM.  The show is a disaster.  I browsed Eric Braden's book sales - doesn't come up.  What does that tell you?  This ship will never be righted.

And I remember when people danced on the graves of Another World, GL, ATWT, and especially the Y&R fan brigade - when AMC and OLTL were cancelled.  Yeah, I know what I'm talking about.  Let me know when 20 million people buy Melody's book.  Let me know when 10 million do.  Or, let me know when 5 million do.  Great for her if it happens.  Doubt it.