Y&R May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Speaking of that, they need to stop having Lauren/Traci in scenes where they act as if they’re old friends. I get that people mature and move past childhood drama - but how many of us would care to sit down and have a casual lunch with someone who bullied you in high school? Acknowledge they know each other, but don’t pretend they have any reason to be close.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was a joke.  Considering the fact that Bakula stays busy and Desperate Housewives is the closest to a soap that he's ever been, I wouldn't expect him to do Y&R, especially the mess that the show is now.  It was a play on the Scott Palmer and the idea that any "Scott" would be better than having Traci trapped in a pairing with Cane.  I mean, unless people want her to get trapped like Lily did.

Colleen and Lily were best friends, so I doubt they'd go there with Daniel and I can't picture Colleen with Fen.

• Members

The only reason Traci/Cane is happening is due to feedback that viewers want to see more of Traci and Cane is at a loose end.

No way are they going to send Traci to college(new sets required) or get a suitable love interest(not going to hire an actor over 40)

Not sure how far they will take Trane ?

Is that the first scene Traci/Lauren have had in years? I agree there should be an edge b/w them but Lauren lost her bitchiness years ago (to her detriment). It would be interesting if Earth Mother Traci just couldn't lose her resentment of Lauren. The scenes would have more spark if that underlying layer were there.

As recurring, would Beth be using her own clothes?

As for Jack and Lauren again it's a case of budget and putting together 2 characters already there than hiring an age appropriate actress for Jack (not happening) and finding something else for Lauren to do.

Now Leanna back to stir things up and hook up with Jack could be way more interesting...

• Members

Yep that was my idea!!! 

I mean if this show can build new sets for everyone else and their mother. Then please construct a GCU set for the woman who won the show's first ever Emmy. Have Traci initially butt heads with the new president of the university somehow they begin to fall for one another. Perhaps one of his children also attends GCU who bonds with Traci and vice versa who "lost" her mother at an early age. Meanwhile, Traci sees this girl as a reminder of her beloved Colleen. She and the University President starts dating each other whilst his other daughter comes to town who could work at any of the five hundred companies on the show dislikes Traci for taking away her "Daddy." 

• Members

Believe it or not, Bakula was on Another World as Quentin Mills in 1983, before he landed Quantum Leap.

I wish Traci had a better option for story. It's great to see Maitland not having to shed tears every day. I don' want Trane, but if the story leads to Traci opening herself up to romance once her book is done,(with an actual scene partner other than Cane) then I'll sit through the b.s. until Traci moves on. (Just please, not every single day.)

• Members

Sigh.

If you're reading this, Thom Bierdz, take my advice: let it go, get (more) help and for God's sake, sue the hell out of whichever hack inked those tats.

Edited by Khan