Y&R May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dark Horse is so unnecessary in my opinion. Nick needs to back at Newman, along with Victoria, Adam etc... 

Have Abby get back to Jabot!

And give each companies actual business storylines that actually our fun and make sense for the most part. 

• Members

That's why I asked.  It seems so wasteful to spend time, money and effort building a set when there are no good solid business stories taking place.  In this day and age when Y&R cries poverty rather than retaining talent, it seems especially foolhardy to build a business set where no tangible corporate storylines are actually taking place.  I mean what about Crimson Lights, The Athletic Club, Chancellor Park and all the other sets where conversations can take place?  DH sounds like a glorified Coffee Klatch.

• Members

Adam's personal!ity has greatly changed since he got his memory back. I liked him better when he had amnesia. I think right now he's being written a bit too hard. He went from asking Nick's permission to see Christian to demanding to get custody of Christian, and finding Chelsea/Connor.

He also wants 500 million dollars. That's a big shift in personality. I think he needs to be more layered and have a mixture of different traits. Including the softer, warmer traits he displayed when he had amnesia. I believe the actor could pull that off.

Also, I continue not to like the way that Ana is being written right.now. In a way it seems like the writing is poking fun of her character, by making her make bad suggestions to Tessa. Like when she tried to get Tessa to wear that silly looking outfit today. (They even played comical music, poking fun at Ana's suggestion when Tessa came down in it)She keeps trying to change Tessa into something that she's not.

I don't like the way that Ana is being written and I think she's mainly being written like this to provide angst for Tessa/Mariah. I think she is being written as an obstacle for them to overcome. Without really getting to have her own perspective focused on. The way she's acting doesn't really make sense. She didn't act that way with Fen and he was less experienced and even ruder with Ana (at first than Tessa was.)

I do wonder if the will say Ana is acting this way to prove herself, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Given she's been in the industry for a while and how she handled Fen.

• Members

I like the nuAdam as well.

I think the show is watchable. I've tuned in every day so far for the last few weeks. It's not where I want it to be and it's not exactly exciting but I'll take it over damaging writing anyday where everyone hates each other.

Griffith just isn't an exciting writer. I think he has some decent grasp and maybe some nice ideas but it doesn't really come together. He still feels like a stopgap, and that's OK, I guess.

It feels like the Adam story is at the center and I'm not really here for that again, but I like Mark Grossman so I'm trying. I also do think Sharon seems to have lost a few IQ points back in the Adam story. Sharon Case plays Sharon differently when Adam is involved. IMO.

I see we're indeed back to Winters Wednesdays (sort of). It's clear they have no interest in Devon, Ana or Elena. Funny though how Y&R's twitter keeps promoting them but they're all barely on ... Nate and Abby are afterthoughts (literally in Abby's case where the Newmans are concerned, LOL, she's always felt more Abbott to me though and the Abbotts have always been there for her...)

I would also LOVE to be here for Beth Maitland and Traci getting a story that involves her writing (and I think this is up Griffith's alley) and falling for a younger man, but why oh why does it have to be Cane? But I don't quite hate it as much as I expected to. I sort of resent they're using Beth/Traci on Cane though. I'm just ... Cane could have filled a role on the show and instead the character is all over the place. It's just time to cut their losses.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Good lord Y&R is a dumpster fryer.  I was so hoping Gina would get the spot at GH.  But Cynthia Watros is a 90% upgrade from Stafford.  Gina being let go and Stafford coming back - 90% downgrade.  Stafford isn't half the actress Tognini is.  It's why CBS is Failing.  You should have kept World Turns or Guiding Light or AT LEAST ONE of the two over these two ridiculous replacements.  These 2 remaining CBS shows are awful.  And I grew up watching Y&R.  I didn't like B&B fromt the beginning - honestly I still think Capitol was better.  But that doesn't matter.  These 2 shows will be the last 2 standing but they suck.  I've never watched GH a day in my life.  I think because of Watros being on there, I want to see something.  I think I'll give that a shot instead of the mess that is now CBS. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Today’s U.S. show was awful — the worst of JG so far.

— The outfits Ana put on Tessa were clown clothes. Just ridiculous. And who makes these decisions alone away from the place of business? They’ve made Ana a stupid person. Tessa? She can be tough confronting a stalker but is afraid to be honest with Ana til Mariah shows up? And Cait Fairman is still a terrible actress.

— Speaking of stalkers, WTF was that? Out of nowhere this guy confronts Mariah in the coffee shop and she just sits and listens? Those scenes were just stunningly bad.

— The Faith stuff with Rey didn’t work. They avoided the cliche with the angry daughter fighting the coupling, but this was worse. Boring.

— Kyle and Lola aren’t happening for me, no matter how many cute domestic problems they have. Seeing them in a bed is not hot or interesting. Smiling Lola makes me want to gag, and Kyle has been neutered. Kyle is mad rich, and they’re living in a dump. OK then.

— Mark Grossman is very good in the role, but I agree that it’s a mistake to turn Adam into a complete nightmare. All that chemistry with Sharon Case, yet today Adam blew Sharon off. 

I know now I said Josh G should be given time, but there’s no excuse for the sh_it I saw today.

• Members

Melody doesn’t know no one is watching. Apologies.  These people aren’t acknowledging no one is watching.  

Melody’s book will be a best seller.  Just like Eric Braeden’s book.  She’ll make 10k and done.