Y&R May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Before they hired Justin Hartley they actually almost Hired Tom Welling and Gale Harold (Brian, Queer as Folk) who in 2014 was 45

They were gonna say the accident made him look older

Edited by John

• Members

I am continuing to enjoy the New Adam. I liked seeing him interact more with Victor today and Nick. He really does look like he could be Victor's son and Nick's younger brother. He continues to be natural in his scenes. I liked how he told Sharon he was overwhelmed when she asked him about meeting Nick. I hope he really does have amnesia, but I was wondering what he was up to at the end of today's show. I've seen some people speculate he was contacting Chelsea. But I wonder if he was contacting Riza, his friend and sponsor in Vegas.

I would rather he be calling her and maybe they are trying to take advantage of the Newmans being rich. Maybe they want to get more money to help fund their gambling and once he gets enough he plans to head back to Vegas. But instead maybe he remembers his life, falls for someone and/or wants to be a father to Christian. And any or all of those things, stop him from going back. I would rather see a storyline like that, instead of seeing him work with Chelsea to con the Newmans. 

Also, I think that Jack will end up falling for Lauren. I think that her pushing him to start dating again and saying the right woman for him is out there, makes me think he will fall for her. He wanted to spend more time with her today, but she had to meet up with Michael. I think he will continue to get closer to her, and find himself falling for her. 

And I could see Summer elevated to a higher position at Jabot than Kyle is because she is doing more work for the company than he currently is. She let Jack know today that Phyllis wanted to access information illegally from the company and Jack appreciated that. Plus, she is putting in more effort to get the apparel line going than Kyle is. I could see Jack eventually rewarding her efforts with a higher position in the company.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Yes, I've quickly gotten over this Adam being younger than the previous ones - he's just very charismatic and works well with the Newman's. I still don't think Adam is necessary though, and I hate how much this character and the Newman's eat the whole show when he's on. 

• Members

Here's another vote of approval for the new Adam. He has a great on-screen presence. I can absolutely buy him being an Ivy League graduate with solid business acumen. 

Now, whether or not he's being honest right now about his memory loss, that's another question.

• Members

Hartley actually made Adam feel like a human and viable character again after Muhney’s cartooney run. 

Ironically, Muhney’s best work was his last week or so when he was already fired - coming to grips with running down Delia. There was actually a real performance in there, likely because he was defeated off-screen and going out in shame.

The problem is this character is a cancer to the show and eats it completely when he’s on. He’s become Y&R’s Todd Manning.

• Members

Yeah, but, having "feelers" out for him isn't the same thing as, "Tom Welling says he's interested."  For all anyone knows, Tom (or his "people") laughed Y&R's offer right off the desk.

As long as he doesn't come out as a homophobe to the press, grope anyone inappropriately while on-set, or land a gig on the next big primetime series, he should do fine.

Which is exactly what the ABCD-loving PTB wanted.