Y&R May 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I had thought about them possibly pairing Jett with Traci too, I thought a pairing with them could work. But I don't mind what I'm seeing from her and Cane. If they paired them together, maybe they would take their time and it would be built off of mutual respect and a growing unexpected attraction. I actually think that could be interesting.

I do wonder if they will go there romantically with them or just leave them as friends, who get closer.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It pains me to say this but after watching today's show and noticing some things, I think they may end up having Ana develop a crush on Tessa. As a Ana fan who wanted her with Fen ( or at least someone better than Tessa) I do believe show may be going  there.

I got some vibes today with the way that Ana was interacting with Tessa. She was cheesing/looking at her a bit too strongly. It came across as her having a stronger interest in Tessa, than just being her friend/being excited about the her recording session. I think they may end up having her develop feelings for Tessa. And I think they will get closer as the Mariah's stalker storyline gains steam. I think that maybe something will happen with Mariah, like maybe she gets kidnapped or hurt and that Ana and Tessa will get closer. Maybe even feel guilty about getting closer, after something bad happens to Mariah. 

I've also noticed that Loren Lott seems to be talking a bit more about interacting with Mariah/Tessa and seems to be doing some things that are catering to the Mariah/Tessa fanbase. She posted a video Camryn/Cait applying makeup to each other in a cozy type of way, and has made some comments... I feel like she may be catering to that fanbase.

What is even more unfortunate is that some Tessa/Mariah stans are already talking negatively of Ana. Some of the Tessa/Mariah stans are saying that Ana seems obsessive towards Tessa. They have also made crude comments about Ana and suggested that Ana is the one who is stalking Mariah/threw the brick at her. (which I do not believe is the case.) Ana developing feelings for Tessa is not something I want to see. And I think that Ana will come out the loser in this storyline in more ways than one. Number one she would be having feelings for Tessa, who is a not a good character. And I think she would be end up being used mostly for angst and the odd person out in the Mariah/Tessa/ triangle. And I also think it would give them an excuse not to pair her with men,  or really use her any more romantically after they use in her that triangle. Even if say they bought Fen back.

It's just a lose-lose situation all the way around for Ana. But I do think that Ana may end up developing feelings for Tessa.  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't have a good feeling about it. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I don't see want to see her with either one of them. I still want her with Fen or somebody else. But I do believe they may go there. And I do believe she may develop feelings for Tessa.

I think they may end up getting closer and I think that Ana may end up developing feelings for Tessa. I think Tessa might end up being flattered and that it might be  unrequited. I think that something may happen to Mariah regarding her stalker, right as Ana/Tessa are getting closer.

I could see Ana ending up being the odd person out in a possible Mariah/Tessa/Ana triangle. And I think that if that should happen, she'll be left out  in the cold and they won't give really any other love interest. Plus, she may end up being very limited in what they do with her romantically. I could see them not really trying to put her with guys, depending on what they have her identify as, but I don't really see them giving her a female love interest either. 

I think she would just lose all the way around. And I don't want to see that happen, as I think that would be a major waste of Loren Lott's talents. But I just have a bad feeling about this storyline.

Here's hoping, I'm wrong.

Edited by xtr

• Members

It’s Y&R in 2019. It’s gonna be bad. I know from your posts that you appreciate Kyle/Summer, which is fair, but IMO it’s been ages since a couple has worked on this show. Same-sex, opposite-sex, across the board.

• Members

I like some of the couples on this show. I actually like Sharon/Rey, and don't mind what they are doing with Devon/Elena and Nate/Abby.

I do think that having Ana develop feelings for Tessa would hurt her character and her romantic storyline potential going forward. Truth be told Mariah and Tessa aren't written well as a couple, and up until recently Tessa was written very poorly as an individual. They actually weren't shown that much for a bit prior to it coming out that Tessa blackmailed the women. There was a time not too long ago, when they were barely shown. If they have Ana fall for Tessa and lose out in the triangle, I think her fate will be even worse than that. 

Anyone who has seen today's scenes with Tessa/Ana or will view them feel free to tell me your interpretation of those scenes. And in the latest edition of SID that has come out this week, there will be an interview with Loren Lott contemplating Ana's role in GC. I wonder what she will say regarding the future of her character and any upcoming storylines for her.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I saw it several days ago. Loren said that Bryton had told Shemar he had a crush on her and then he planted on kiss on her. She said that after it happened people on set were referring to her as Mrs. Moore, lol.

• Members

I hate to say it as a gay fan, but I will: If they put Ana with a woman it's a ploy. It's at least partially a choice to desexualize a young black female lead in the heterosexual romance sphere, and get her off in the corner and out of play.

I am all for LGBT storylines on soaps. I want many more and better. The way Y&R handles them is not good, and IMO has also been partly crafted to marginalize Mariah/Camryn Grimes vs. other stars. After that and killing off Hillary, I don't consider making the show's next promising young black female LGBT with only two potential love interests (and only one the audience even likes) in a C-storyline to be progress or fair play for either LGBT interests or characters of color.

Edited by Vee