• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A very big deal.

I won't get my hopes high but they *know* the demand is there. Maybe Social Media will do some good in this case ... there's been a very swift call for Rowell to come back.

Kristoff tried for a decade to get her back. It's very ... odd (and sadly tragic) that his passing could be what finally gets her back on the show.

• Members

Wow today's show was something else. I did not expect that much VR or Dru. Between this and Endgame I did not expect to cry that much this week.

Loved the shot of VR picking up the framed photo of Neil and Dru, reminded me of old school Y&R. This entire episode was BEAUTIFULLY edited and like @Faulkner said, I can't believe these same people make the boring, dour trash we see day in and day out. They have it in them but are just okay with being just okay. It's shameful.

This tribute however was incredibly rendered and executed.

Their one black mainstay had to literally die in order for them to get back their other black star because the one they'd jump at getting back (Shemar) never would. It's sad that CBS knows the importance of the black audience but also doesn't value us. 

Edited by Darn

• Members

Totally. Monday’s episode might be my favorite episode of any soap in maybe 20 years or more. Too bad it wasn’t set in the fictionalized world of the show and took the real-life premature death of a beloved star to make it happen. But I could watch that episode again and again. Just bravo to CBS and Y&R.

• Members

This past week shows what these writers are capable of. I’ve enioyed Josh Griffith so far. It hasn’t been perfect but it’s been very watchable. I wish soaps would treat every week like this. Write from the heart. When characters we love die make it count, make us feel it. I hope this gives them momentum to keep going in the writing front. 

• Members

Same.   Been watching Y&R since Day 1.   Today's episode (the KSJ tribute) is like Bill Bell at his very best.   Ditto for the funeral episode.   I honestly haven't seen this level of writing, honesty, and genuine emotion since back in the mid-1980s.   High hopes for Josh Griffith and his staff after this.   I hope if anything positive results from this tragic event, it's that Giffith realizes his potential and that SONY realizes how much the audience values the Winters family.    

• Members

Now is the perfect time for them to re-frame the Barber/Winters family and have them drive story. With CK moving away from LA, they finally have the opportunity to recast Lily with a suitable actress and break her away from the shackles of that hideous relationship with Cane. Boost Nate up to a younger leading man - there is no reason for him to the show's token town doctor - the actor is charismatic and has sex appeal. Bryton also showed he can really step up and is a big asset to the show this week - they need to take their time building up this relationship with Elena so fans don't resent her and just see her as Hillary's replacement.

Then just bring back Dru and Olivia as matriarchal figures, and it can all fall into place.

Shemar also seems game to make occasional guest appearances, which is fine with me. I think Shemar as Malcom is too iconic to be recast - similar to VR as Dru, Shemar and Malcolm just go hand and hand. 

• Members

@BetterForgotten, Do you know how easy it would be to have Neil's death be about discovering Dru was still alive and he had to be kept quiet?  

I'm a huge advocate for leaving the dead dead, but Dru's resurrection should have happened long ago.  YR actually needs this.  VR is in a good place so it's time for CBS/Sony to move the [!@#$%^&*] on.  All the trash and cover ups...do something good and for the viewers for a change!  

A new regime for what?  There's not much else to be done with Nick, Phyllis, Sharon and Victoria as the leads of this show.  And the energy put into finding someone with chem for Amelia is ridiculous!  Bring VR and her tremendous energy back as the Winters matriarch, PERIOD!!!!!

• Members

So many perfect moments in the tribute.   There was much talk about Kristoff being the "Denzel of Daytime" (definitely true), so how fitting was it that Doug Davidson referenced another great trailblazer --- Pearl S. Buck --- the first American woman to win the Nobel Prize for Literature  --- in his quote about Kristoff's sensitivity.   "To him, a touch is a blow.  A sound is a noise.  A misfortune is a tragedy."   

Edited by Broderick